17| Decision

Thanks Ay_Ade for my new book cover! 😘😘

Please comment and vote! :)

Finn's POV

Tonight, for known reasons, my shoulders were tight. I tossed and turned on my bed, but I couldn't sleep. My mind kept replaying the conversation with Kingston earlier.

But after you came back to his life, I feel that my younger brother came back to me. You revived the dead part in him. But now, he's like a zombie. I am really worried for him. Ms Finn, can you bring him back to me, again?"

*****

the next day

I was tired as hell, weary with the burden of long-closed eyes; I could of easily pulled off being a walking zombie, dead on the inside but subconsciously awake. I was lucky it was a weekend so I didn't have to work.

Therefore, I was going to spend some me-time at the cafe near my place- one of my favourite hideout these few years. They serve a wide variety of drinks ranging from tea series to coffee beverages to non-caffeine drinks. They also have a plethora of cakes to choose from. Most importantly, the ambience of the cafe is quiet and comforting. It's a place where I feel calm and relax.

"Can I join you? " a voice asked as I took a sip of my hot chocolate.

Remus' POV

I saw Finn walking into the cafe, ordered her usual drink and sat at her usual spot. She looks different today, she sat, tired-eyed, and slumped over the table.

"Can I join you? " I asked as I approached her.

She looked at my through her long eye lashes, smiled awkwardly and nodded.

"How have you been? " I asked casually.

"Good, pretty good. What about you? " she replied as she took another sip of her drink.

I knew she's lying as she avoided eye contact with me. She's no good, she's surely far from good. I thought to myself. But I chose not to probe for now.

"I've been busy with work lately. And, I've been keeping an eye on you, " I replied sheepishly.

She almost choked on her drink when she heard that.

"Well, I.. Um.. I hired a private detective to follow you.. " I replied chastened.

"You what?! " her voice with pure shock.

"Um, I told you that I'm not going to give up just like that, so I needed to come out with a plan. I refuse to believe that there's something going on between the both of you. But I needed proof. However... " I paused.

White knuckles from clenching her fist too hard, and gritted teeth from effort to remain silent, her hunched form exuded an animosity that was like acid - burning, slicing, potent. Her face was red with suppressed rage. She stood up from her chair and was ready to leave the cafe.

I grabbed onto her wrist and pleaded her to stay on to listen to what I've got to say. After some consideration, she sat down, with pure rage.

"I know I shouldn't have done it, so I can understand why you're so angry. But what I want to tell you is that, I think you made the right choice of choosing him," I said truthfully.

Finn's POV

I was having a roller coaster ride mentally. For one second I was shocked, till being angry the next second and now I'm confused.