26| Flashback

Please comment and vote!  :)

P.S: Do listen to the audio as you read!

Ashton's POV

I have been busy for the past few days as I had to clear up the piled up work as well as to set aside time to draft out a proposal for Queen's Kindergarten. I will be working with Queen's Kindergarten for the next 3 months for the renovation of their place. 

The thought of Queen's Kindergarten reminded me of the kid, Jerome. A part of me was yielding to see him again. The thought of being able to see him again made me smile unknowingly.

I was too occupied in my thoughts that I did not realized Claire entering my office.

"I hope you were thinking of me!" Claire said as she sat down opposite of me in my office. 

My eyes were frozen wide open in an expression of stunned surprise.

"You scared me, babe, " I said, readjusting my gesture. 

"What were you thinking about?" Claire asked as she placed her hand over mine. 

Why didn't my heart skipped a beat at her touch?  But when she touched me, I... Darn Ashton, get your shit together. I mentally cursed myself as I brushed those thoughts away. 

"Hmm, its nothing much, its just about work" I replied hoping that she would not probe further.

"I see. Its almost lunch time, shall we have lunch together? It had been long since we last had a meal together" she asked hopefully.

"Sorry babe, I have lots of work to do. Maybe another time?" I replied apologetically as I pointed to the stack of documents on my desk.

"Alright, but please remember to eat and take care of yourself, " her voice full of concern before planting a passionate kiss on my lips while sitting on my lap, which I reciprocated hungrily.    

Jerome's POV

I hadn't been talking to mommy for the past few days. Mommy is bad. Mommy doesn't allow me to talk to Uncle. Me like uncle beri beri (very) much. Uncle is nice. Uncle makes me feel happy and warmth.

"Mommy will fetch you early from kindergarten today alright? " my mom said as she stopped the car outside my kindergarten and peck my cheek.

"Um, " I replied and I unbuckle my seat belt and exited the car.

I didn't like going to kindergarten lately, especially since Tristan isn't here and the rest always call me fatty bombom and refuses to play with me. I dragged myself dreadfully towards the classroom.

"Why is my buddy looking so lifeless? " the moment I heard his voice, I snapped out from my thoughts and looked in the direction of the voice.

I saw him leaning against the wall folding his arms and smirking while he spoke to me. 

"UNCLE ASHTON!!!!" I exclaimed as I ran towards him. 

The moment he saw me running towards him, he squat down to my height, so I can wrap my hands around his neck.

"You.. You are.. suffocating me bud," he said jokingly as he lifted me up. 

"I miss you so much! Why didn't you come see me? I wait for you ebriday (everyday). I thought we were friends?" I said pouted. 

"Sorry bud! I was busy with work. But starting from today onwards, you will see me here everyday for the next 3 months," he replied as he put me down outside my classroom.