Chapter 27

Emily's POV

I pulled a blanket over Hazel's body as she fell asleep and stroked her brown hair gently, smiling. Tonight, Cody's nephew, Joshua and niece, Hazel were staying here; Tristan wanted to make a surprise for Mila. So he asked us to look after their children tonight. Tristan was going to pick them up tomorrow morning.

After closing the door behind me, I went downstairs. When I walked into the living room, I saw Cody and Joshua sleeping on the couch peacefully while Cody wrapped his arm around Joshua protectively. They looked so cute. I couldn't hold my smile. They must be so tired. Especially Cody. He had already gotten tired in the company. Then he had played with Joshua and Hazel since they came. They were so adorable while playing.

I admired how Cody got along well with children. Sometimes, I joined them too. I had fun today with Cody and the children. We even cooked a cake together with Cody and Joshua while Hazel was sleeping. Of course, after it, it felt like there had been a war in the kitchen, and flour was everywhere, including my clothes, face and hair, thanks to Cody's idea, but it was so funny. However, his plan blew up in his face because he didn't look more different than me; flour was all over him as well. He looked so cute and funny in that state. I couldn't stop myself from laughing at him, but after he had threatened me with a serious expression that he would smear the whipped cream on my face and hair, I instantly stopped laughing.

I grabbed the blanket which was on the couch and pulled it over their body. Cody rubbed his eyes without waking up. I stroked Joshua's head gently while he was hugging his uncle with his little arm. Then I watched Cody sleeping. I bit my lower lip as I moved my hand towards his head and stroked his light brown hair tenderly, smiling. Then I went to my bedroom.

****

After Tristan had picked up the children, I got ready and went to meet up with Avery. I parked my car in front of the cafe and got out of the car.

After the waiter had left, she asked me mischievously. "How is going on with your hubby?"

She was the only person who knew about our agreement, excluding Cody and me.

"Umm....I don't know." I replied, sighing as I leaned back against the seat. She gave a questioning look. I took a deep breath and admitted. "I am confused."

She gave me a knowing smile as she asked. "Do you like him?"

I bit my lower lip, looking at her while thinking. "I don't know how I feel towards him. I am so confused. Before I thought he was a reckless jerk, but now...." I sighed without finishing my sentence. "I cannot think straight. I like spending time with him. He makes me laugh. I am so happy when we are together. But sometimes, he does something, making me mad. But some time later, he does something thoughtful or caring, melting my heart. Moreover, when he is around me, my heart beats so fast. I feel so nervous, but I like this feeling as well. I don't know. I am so confused." I confessed and ruffled my hair, thinking.

"Hmm." She gave a mischievous grin and asked. "What does your intuition say?"

"It just says I can't think straight; he is smoking hot." I replied, shrugging my shoulders and heaved a deep sigh. "What am I going to do?"

She grinned in amusement and commented, giving me a knowing look. "You are in deep shit, dear. You fell in love with your gorgeous hubby."

"You think?" I asked and bit my lower lip nervously.

"Totally." She winked at me.

"Just perfect!" I exclaimed, depressed as I breathed deeply and leaned my head on the table dramatically. She burst out laughing.

****

After taking a shower, I put on my black silk nightie and robe. Then I grabbed my laptop as I sat down on the couch in the bedroom. I decided to check the details of my new project because I didn't feel sleepy despite the fact it was late. However, it wasn't related to Cody who wasn't still home at all; he was with his friends at the birthday party. I couldn't just sleep because I didn't get tired so much today. That was all.

I closed the lid of my laptop as I heard the car sound coming outside and went downstairs. When I walked into the living room, he stumbled, almost breaking the vase as he wanted to place his keys on the side table. He cursed under his breath as he caught the vase and breathed deeply in relief. When he turned around, he noticed me.

"Hey, wifey. You are still awake." He mumbled, giving me a boyish grin.

When he wanted to approach me, he suddenly stumbled again. I instantly rushed towards him and caught him without letting him fall down by wrapping my arm around his waist. He grinned sheepishly as he wrapped his arm around my shoulder, pulling me into his chest.

"I have the most beautiful wife in the world." He said, giving me a boyish grin while staring at me in awe.

I smiled, amused. He looked so cute.

"I will help you to go upstairs. You are drunk." I commented and gave him a warm smile.

"Drunk in love." He declared, looking into my eyes and winked at me playfully. I shook my head, smiling.

He wasn't taking his eyes off me for a second while I helped him to go upstairs. A sheepish grin plastered on his pretty face.

When I wanted to help him to lie down on the bed, he lost his balance and fell down onto the bed, dragging me with him. I collapsed onto his chest. He wrapped his arms around me tightly as our eyes met, making me lost in his crystal blue eyes. In a swift movement, he rolled us over. Now I was under him while he was staring at me with an intense gaze.

"You are so sexy." He said huskily and bit his lower lip seductively.

"Cody..." I mumbled nervously while my heart was beating like crazy.

"Shh." He mumbled as he placed his finger on my lips, silencing me while staring at me lustfully. He smiled as he trailed his fingertip over my lower lip, devouring me with his eyes. I closed my eyes as a wave of shivers ran down my spine.

When I opened my eyes, his eyes were dark. In a flash, he smashed his lips against mine.