Chapter 14

Emily's POV

I waved at Cody, smiling as I got out of his car. He waved at me and waited for me to walk into the garden.

When I walked into the living room, I saw my father sitting on the couch while reading a book.

"Dad? Good evening." I said nervously and looked towards the windows.

Did he see Cody? No, if he saw him, he would be furious now.

"Good evening. Where were you?" He asked, closing the book as he placed it on the centre book.

"Umm... I... I was with Avery." I lied, giving him a nervous smile.

He nodded and said firmly. "Sit down, please. I want to talk to you."

"What about?" I asked in curiosity and sat down on the couch.

"About the project." He replied. I gave him a questioning look. "I think it will be better if you pass it to my right-hand man, David." He stated in a bossy tone.

"What?!" I exclaimed in shock as I stood up. "Dad, I will not. I worked hard on this project. You know how important it is for me." I confirmed angrily.

"I don't trust him." He confessed.

"Dad, Cody didn't do anything bad. All of those were misunderstandings." I stated and breathed deeply, trying to calm down. "Please, Dad. Don't do it." I gave him a begging look.

He thought for a while and frowned, nodding. "OK. But be careful with him." He warned me. I nodded, smiling.

****

Cody parked his car in front of Tristan's mansion and got out of the car. He rushed towards me and opened the door for me, giving me his charming smile. I held his hand, smiling and got out of the car.

Mila and Tristan greeted us as we walked into the house, and Cody led me towards the living room.

"Uncle!" Joshua exclaimed happily as he ran towards Cody.

"Hey, Tiger!" Cody said cheerfully as he bent down, opening his arms wide. Joshua hugged him, grinning. Cody smiled happily as he hugged him tightly and straightened, holding Joshua in his arms. He placed a soft kiss on Joshua's cheeks. I smiled while watching them. They looked so cute together. Joshua resembled his father. He had brown eyes, brown hair and dimples like Tristan.

After having dinner, I was chatting with Tristan while Cody and Joshua were playing. Mila went to feed her daughter, Hazel. Suddenly, we heard the sound of glass breaking.

"What happened?" Mila asked, worried as she walked into the living room, holding Hazel in her arms.

"Don't worry. Probably, Cody and Joshua broke one of the vases again while playing." Tristan commented, shaking his head in amusement as he stood up. "I will check." He added as he left the living room.

Mila approached me, sighing and sat down beside me on the couch. I smiled at Hazel who was staring at me with her brown eyes while resting her head against her mother's chest. She looked so cute.

"Hey angel." I cooed her as I stroked her chubby hand gently. She gave me her cheeky grin.

"Do you want to hold her?" Mila asked, smiling.

"Yes." I nodded, giving her a warm smile. She gave Hazel to me. I held her in my arms carefully and placed her on my lap.

"Look! As I said, they broke up the vase while playing with a ball." Tristan resumed, grinning as he came, holding Joshua in his arms. Cody followed them, his hand in his pocket and gave me his mesmerizing smile as he saw me.

"Joshua, didn't I tell you that you shouldn't play ball inside the house?!" Mila stated, looking at Joshua.

"But Uncle suggested it." Joshua pouted.

"Hey! We agreed that it would stay between us." Cody scowled childishly.

Mila sighed, shaking her head. "I don't know which one of you is more childish." She commented.

"Of course, Cody." Tristan stated, smirking.

"Tristan!" Cody exclaimed, giving him a dirty look. I couldn't hold myself and laughed.

After talking for a while, Mila took the children to their nursery rooms. Then she joined us.

"Would you like something to drink?" The maid asked as she approached us.

"Coffee, please." I replied. She nodded, giving me a polite smile.

"With almond milk. She is allergic to cow's milk." Cody instantly added.

A few minutes later, the maid brought our drink and dessert and left.

"You should try the brownies. They are delicious." Cody suggested. I nodded, smiling.

"Cody, let her choose herself. Maybe, she wants macaroons." Mila said softly while leaning against her husband.

"She doesn't like macaroons so much. She likes brownies. It is her favourite." Cody confirmed confidently. I smiled at him happily. I was so surprised that he remembered my favourite dessert.

"Look, my little bro knows." Tristan commented, smiling and said something in Mila's ear as he placed a soft kiss on her hair. Then she grinned. Cody gave them a dirty look and sipped his coffee while I looked at them, confused.

After chatting for a while, Cody and I left. I felt tired, but I had fun today. I frequently hang out with Mila and Tristan because Mila and my cousin, Jenna were best friends, but I didn't have fun so much like today.

"Thanks for today. I spent a good time with you all." I said, giving Cody a bright smile while he was driving.

"You are welcome. I had a good time too." He stated as he gave me his charming smile, making my heart flutter. "Look, we have fun together. Before you hated me because of Jenna. I know she probably told a lot of awful things about me. But now we are good." He added.

"Are we good?" I teased him.

"Don't we?" He asked, confused. I smiled, nodding. He sighed and beamed at me.

"You get along with children very well." I commented softly.

"Yes." He agreed. "Girls like when men get along with children well." He added arrogantly and winked at me playfully.

I rolled my eyes, shaking my head, but I knew that it wasn't because of that he wanted to get girls' attention.

"I know it isn't because of girls." I confirmed, smiling. He gave me a surprised look. "You don't need to do anything to make women jump on you. You are so handsome." I confessed honestly.

"Hmm... Like you." He said, giving me a sly smirk.

"Me?" I asked, puzzled.

"Yes, you jump on me every time you see me." He said, giving me a cocky smirk.

"I don't jump on you!" I exclaimed angrily.

"Really?" He asked arrogantly and gave me a smug smirk.

"Cody!" I exclaimed, frustrated. He chuckled.

Don't forget to vote, comment and share with your friends.