Chapter 23

Emily's POV

I tried to enjoy my banana crepes with delicious Balinese coffee, but Cody had been complaining how bad his back was arching since we woke up because last night, I forced him to sleep on the couch. I thought he was exaggerating because after all, we were in the luxurious hotel, and the uncomfortable furniture was out of question.

I frowned, annoyed as I placed my fork and knife on my plate and commented. "Don't be childish, Cody. We are in a luxurious hotel. It is impossible that the couch is uncomfortable." I took a sip from my coffee and added mischievously. "And it is your family hotel. I don't think it will make a good impression on customers that the owner doesn't like the furniture in his own hotel."

He gave me a dirty look and put a piece of banana crepe into his mouth angrily. "How many husbands are unlucky like me on their honeymoon in the world?!" He mumbled childishly and sighed without looking at me. I shook my head in amusement.

After having breakfast, we planned to go to the beach. Cody entwined our hands as we walked out of the restaurant.

"What are you doing?" I asked, confused and tried to pull my hand away, but he didn't release it.

"Did you forget what I told you in the suite? We have to act like a real couple when we are in public because of my father. If the employees get suspicious, it will get my father's ears immediately. And I don't want any problem with my father because of it." He replied and winked at me. I sighed and nodded. He gave me his arrogant smirk as he tightened his grip and started walking towards the beach, dragging me with him.

"Come on." Cody said as he approached my sun lounger after swimming. I gave him a puzzled look as I took off my black sunglasses. "Let's swim together. Will you lie on the sun lounger till we leave the beach?" He asked, still offering his hand.

"You know I can not swim." I replied, shrugging my shoulders.

"I know, wifey." He gave me his charming smile. "For now." He added, giving me a devilish smile and grabbed my hand.

"What are you doing?" I asked nervously as he pulled me, making me stand up.

"I will teach you how to swim." He replied and winked at me.

"Cody, no!" I protested as I grabbed his arm with my free hand, giving him an anxious look. When I was a child, my cousin pushed me into the pool playfully; fortunately, my father saw me drowning and saved my life. After that incident, I never tried to swim.

"Calm down. Just trust me." He said, giving me a reassuring smile. I bit my lower lip, looking at him and nodded, breathing deeply. He beamed at me and dragged me towards the ocean.

"Cody!" I exclaimed in panic and wrapped my arms around his neck tightly as I felt like I was drowning.

"It is okay. I am here. Don't worry. I will not let anything bad happen to you." He reassured me as he wrapped his arms around my waist. I nodded, looking into his eyes. There were a few inches between our lips. He was looking into my eyes, his gaze intense while he was holding me against his body firmly. I bit my lower lip without managing to take my eyes off him. He moved his gaze from my eyes to my lips.

"Umm...I think it is enough for today." I mumbled nervously while my heart was pounding like crazy because of the closeness between this gorgeous Greek god and me. He cleared his throat as he pulled back slightly and nodded.

After taking a shower, I dried myself with a towel and put on my navy blue silk nightie and robe. When I walked out of the bathroom, Cody walked into the bedroom. He was only in his boxers. I gulped, staring at him. I was so sure that my cheeks turned red. On the other hand, an arrogant smirk on his face confirmed it. I bit my lower lip shyly as I averted my gaze from this handsome devil and walked towards the bed. He approached the bed and grabbed the spare pillow. Despite the fact, I didn't look at him, I felt his gaze on me.

"Hey, Em. May I sleep in the bed? Please." He asked with puppy eyes.

"You call me Em?" I asked in surprise. "What happened to Feisty?" I teased him, grinning.

"I didn't know you like it when I called you Feisty." He commented arrogantly and gave me a playful smirk. I rolled my eyes and smiled.

"So may I sleep in the bed?" He asked hopefully. "Please. I cannot really sleep on this awful couch." He pouted.

"OK. But put your shorts on. " I said.

He grinned happily and threw the pillow onto the floor and rushed towards the bed. I shook my head, smiling.

After putting on his shorts, he lay down beside me on the bed and placed his hands under his head as he pulled the cover over his body.

"And stay on your side." I warned him.

"Alright, Em. But if you want to move towards my side, I wouldn't mind." He said, giving me a playful smirk.

"Don't make me regret my decision." I threatened him as I gave him a dirty look.

"OK. OK. Sweet dreams. Em." He said, giving me a charming smile.

"Sweet dreams, Cody." I said and turned my back towards him. I breathed deeply while my heart was pounding.

When I opened my eyes the following morning, Cody and I were spooning. His head was buried into my neck while he was holding me tightly. I gulped nervously as I felt his hard member poking my back. I grabbed his arm and pulled it away carefully, trying not to wake him up. He sighed and rolled over without opening his eyes. I sighed in relief and got up. I bit my lower lip while staring at the devilishly handsome man sleeping in the bed, the cover barely covered his hips. How someone could be gorgeous this much. His long eyelashes, his prominent jawline, his perfect sculpted chest and his morning bliss. I bit my lower lip nervously, staring at his bulge. His member was big. I bit my lower lip, shaking my head as dirty thoughts came to my mind.

Get a grip, Emily! I scolded myself with my inner voice and went to the bathroom, leaving this gorgeous Greek god in the bed.