Chapter 15

Cody's POV

"Did you inform Mr. Scott about the time of the meeting with me and Emily?" I asked Hailey, signing the documents in front of me.

"Yes, sir. I will inform her too about the new time of the meeting." She said.

"No need. I will call Emily myself." I informed and closed the file as I finished signing the documents.

She gritted her teeth as she took the file angrily. "You seem so close with that bitch." She commented bitterly.

I raised my eyebrow as I clenched my fist angrily. "Watch your language!" I warned her sternly. "And it is Ms. Morgan for you. If you disrespect Emily one more time, I will fire you." I stated in a bossy tone, giving her a death glare. She looked at me in shock and clenched her fist, full of rage in her eyes.

"I am sorry, sir." She said dryly between her gritted teeth.

"You may leave." I said in an authoritative tone and traveled my eyes from her to my paperwork.

***

When I went toward my office, my secretary informed me that Emily was waiting for me in my office. I nodded and walked towards my office. The door was ajar. Suddenly, I noticed Hailey inside the office, holding a tray in her hand. Suddenly, she spilled the coffee on Emily. She screamed in pain as she stood up. I clenched my fist as I rushed inside.

"Are okay, Emily?" I asked, worried as I placed my hand on Emily's back.

"I am fine." She mumbled, wiping her dress.

"I am sorry, Ms. Morgan. I tripped over the...." Hailey said, trying to hide her smirk.

"You are fired." I told Hailey in a bossy tone.

I knew she did it purposely. Furthermore, I saw it with my own eyes how she pretended to be stumbled. I shouldn't think she would let it go. She was so jealous of Emily.

"But..." She pleaded.

"Get out of my company! I warned you before, but you didn't listen to me." I stated, giving her a knowing look. "I saw it with my own eyes how you spilled coffee on Emily purposely. So don't try to pretend." I snapped, frustrated.

She started crying without saying anything and stormed out, slamming the door behind her. I sighed, shaking my head in disbelief and turned towards Emily.

"Are you alright?" I asked, worried, placing my hand on her arm.

"Yeah. Fortunately, it wasn't so hot." She replied and placed dirty tissues on the tray. She heaved a sigh. "You should not fire her because of me. I know you and... she...umm...have an affair." She murmured uneasily, looking at me and bit her lower lip shyly.

My eyes widened in shock. How did she find out? I cleared my throat, averting my gaze and rubbed the back of my neck.

"It was for a few times. There was nothing serious between us. I think she got wrong ideas which made her overstep her boundaries." I said firmly. "So don't worry." I added softly and gave her a warm smile. She nodded, smiling shyly.

****

After the company, Tristan and I went to have dinner together.

Once the waiter left, I told him about today. I was still angry at Hailey. After Emily had left, she came to my office and begged me not to fire her, crying. She even tried to seduce me, but I told her it would be better if she found another job. I even suggested finding her a job because she didn't stop begging. However, when she understood I wouldn't change my mind, she showed her true colours, threatening me that she would tell the press about our affair. But in the end, finally, I got rid of her with the help of the securities, and I warned her if she told the journalists about us, I would do everything that she couldn't find a job all around the world.

"I warned you not to have an affair with employees." He reminded, giving me a knowing look.

"Yeah. You were right. I regret it." I admitted and sighed, running my hand through my hair.

"So? What is going on between you and Emily? What made Hailey get mad with jealousy?" Tristan asked and gave me a sly smirk.

"Nothing. Hailey is just crazy." I mumbled, shrugging my shoulders.

He gave me an unconvinced look and took a sip from his red wine.

"Really nothing." I tried to reassure him. "She told me that I changed after starting to work with Emily because I rejected to have sex with her. She is really crazy. " I explained nonchalantly, shaking my head, and sipped my wine.

"And you started to get along well with Emily. Maybe it made her jealous as well. Before you were like a cat and mouse." Tristan commented.

"Before Emily was prejudiced against me. Thanks to Jenna!" I stated, rolling my eyes. "I know what she could tell her about me probably. Moreover, you know our first encounter wasn't the best either. And I didn't like her either. But as we spent some time together, we got to know each other better. Now we get along well. She is a good girl." I confessed and took a sip from my wine.

Tristan raised her eyebrow and gave me a mischievous smirk. "Oh, you don't hate her anymore then." He commented, smirking. "I guessed it because you haven't called her bitch the last few weeks." He teased me. "Did you fall in love with her, bro?" He asked, giving me a wicked smirk.

"No. Don't talk bullshit!" I replied, rolling my eyes and looked away as I took a sip from my drink. "We are just friends." I added, trying to sound nonchalant.

Emily and I? I fell in love with her? No! It is impossible. Yes, she is beautiful inside and out, but no, I don't have any romantic feelings towards her. We are just good friends. Yeah, just friends. Moreover, if something happens between us, Samuel will kill me. And I don't need problems in my life.

Tristan gave me a knowing grin. I gave him a dirty look and rolled my eyes. Then the waiter brought our meals. So finally, he stopped teasing me about Emily.