Court Day

"Ava are you up and ready?" My mom hollered.

I got up out of bed and checked the time and saw I only had 15 minutes to get ready.

"Yeah I am." I answered back. I did my same routine, going to the bathroom where I saw Red sitting their watching me. Then after that I finished getting ready.

I walked down stairs and was met with my mom talking on the phone with someone and my dad pacing back and forth checking the time.

"We need to go now!" He said. "We only have 5 minutes to leave!"

He's too crazy about the time. I bet when he dies he's going to be waking up from the casket complaining that we didn't bury him on time.

"Calm down dear." My mom said walking to him.

My dad took a deep breath and looked at her, "Ok I am. Now can we please go?"

My mom smiled and pat his cheek, "Yeah we can. Let's go." She said turning to me. My dad grabbed the keys and practically took off to the car, starting it.

******

"Ok if you guys will. Please have a seat." Mrs. Murphy said. Me and my parents sat down in the seats in front of her.

"Ok so first things first. Whatever is said or shown in this room must stay in this room. There will be no recordings of some sort. Understood?" She asked us. We all nodded her heads.

"Ok good. Now Ava." She said looking at me. "From the beginning tell me everything you remember. Along with anything Steven has said too you. We will be able to use that information in court."

I sighed and began thinking back. "Well I guess it started when Ella got here." I began.

An hour or so went by where we just now ended our meeting.

"Ok now remember Ava. Do not tell anyone any information we went over and don't forget the things I told you to say while testifying." Murphy said.

We began walking out of the room but she stopped us, "Also the news has spread about this case, meaning all eyes will be on you. Be careful. I will see you in court on Friday." She said as she smiled a small smile before we left.

We left the building and got in the car and headed home. Thank goodness. I need a nap.

"Ava. If you want you don't have to go to school the next two days." My dad said.

I looked out the window, "It's fine. Nothing will really be any different."

My parents looked at each other then back at the road. "Ok."

****************

The next day when I was being dropped off at school, I was bombarded with people with cameras and news reporters asking me questions.

I just walked passed them ignoring them and headed to my class. I hate having this much attention on me. It'll cause more problems for me.

"Hey boo!" A all too familiar voice said.

"Yes Ella? What do you want?" I asked.

"Why do you think I want something?" She asked giving me a confused look.

I looked at her then back in front of me, "You always want something."

She gasped but shrugged her shoulders, "You're right. I want to hold you're hand." She said while holding my hand. She didn't even give me a choice... but I'm not complaining.

We continued walking to my class and it was annoying walking down the hall while people were staring at me and whispering amongst themselves. Some others either glared at me and some walked up to me apologizing. Murphy was right. News spreads quick in this town... I liked it better when people ignored me.