First Day Back

Ava wake up! WAAKE UP! I opened my eyes and saw a little girl standing by my bed. I couldn't make out her face, it was nothing, but a blur.

"Why are you in my room?" I asked annoyed and sitting up.

"I just wanted to make sure I was the first thing you see in the morning." The girl said cheerfully with a smile with very little teeth.

"Now my eyes hurt, looking at the sight I see." I said in a mindless tone.

"You're such a meany head." She said hitting me playfully, "But I still love you." She said smiling big again.

"How'd you get in my room?"

She turned to look at me and smiled, "your mom."

"Ava? Ava are you still with us?"

I was woken up from my dream, thank god, by a light shinning in my face. "I'm up, now get that out of my face." I said rudely.

The nurse turned off the flashlight, "Sorry it's my job to make sure you're still ok and well." She said smiling. "Anyways I came in here to tell you that you're all ready to go home. You're ready to be checked out anytime before 7 pm today. So feel free to slowly get up and use the bathroom, while I get ahold of your parents." The nurse said smiling and walking out of the room.

"About time." It was so disgusting laying in bed peeing through a tube. I slowly got up still feeling pain spreading throughout my body, but I didn't care since I had to use the bathroom.

I walked into the bathroom slowly sitting down and started going pee. Where's Red? Oh yeah I'm in the hospital.

"Hello is anybody here?" I looked at the door thinking, who would even be here, but remembered Camren said her and..... Ella would be coming by, one last time before I go home.

I walked out of the bathroom straight to my bed.

"Hey weirdo, how are you feeling?" She asked while plopping down on the bed next to me.

"Fine, just ready to get out of this place." I answered bluntly.

She laughed, "Yeah we both miss you a lot and would feel a lot better knowing you'll finally be home too."

I looked at Camren then at the other girl, Ella.

"So Ella, why do you love me?" I asked with a blank face in an impulsive tone.

Her cheeks reddened, I don't know why, and her eyes widened as she looked at Camren then me, "umm, I don't think it's the best time for me to tell you right now." She said.

"Ok." Was all I said.

We continued talking for a while, until my parents got here to take me home. Throughout our whole conversation I couldn't help, but look at Ella feeling curious. She's not that bad looking. But if she knows I don't remember her, how come she still hangs around? But still, the more I look at her the more I feel like I do know her. I pushed the thought aside, mostly because I hate thinking about things that will cause me problems. It's probably just because people told me that we knew each other, before I got mugged. That reminds me.

"Did anyone ever get my art supplies, the night I was mugged?" I asked. They both looked at each other.

"I think the cops collected them and kept them as evidence." Ella said.