CHAP 55(1.5)-"A puppet"

3 years back

It was going to be just another day. Taehyung promised himself to only look forward to a friendly get to know with Jungkook's new father. Of course, he had to be careful, he was obviously no ordinary man as Mr. Joon was the head police officer. He thought he could pull out a suite. But regardless of how much Taehyung kept staring at his reflection in the mirror, he only wanted to get out of it. The boy didn't like the tight fitting; he rather liked his clothes to be loose and comfortable.

Outfit after outfit, there was nothing that could bring him the right style to go with. Giving up, Taehyung pushed himself into a loose hoodie and some very loose pants. He decided that if Mr. Joon should get to know him, then he should get to know him as Kim Taehyung.

This dinner was important to him. Jungkook and his family were always tied together for a very long time. After Mr. Jeon passing away, Taehyung was always there for Jungkook. He took responsibility for his best friend and his family. The Jeon family adored Taehyung. And so, he wanted the meeting with the new family member to be perfect.

Just as predicted Mr. Joon was a hard man to impress. Taehyung found himself staring at the wooden floor more than he was at the man's face. There was a strong leadership in his eyes and the way he sat on the chair with his spine and chin straight up had made Taehyung even more nervous.

But Taehyung is smart. He knew he shouldn't be the first to start a conversation. Jungkook sat next to him and he looked irritated to be there. Taehyung knew he haven't yet accepted his new father. And with Mr. Joon's character, it only worried him if things could even work out for these two.

"Thank you for the meal, Mrs. Joon. It was delicious"

Taehyung's words had Jungkook pierce a hole on his fist that were clenging onto his pants. Addressing his mother as Mrs. Joon had hit Jungkook hard. It made him so mad that he stood up with the chair falling back and his fist banging the table. He made sure to show his disapproval before walking upstairs. The dinner was a mess. Everyone seated flinched including Harin, but Mr. Joon didn't even blink.

"The boy needs some taming" he said but no one dared to speak a word after him.

It was only after the man got up that the rest seated were able to breathe. With Mr. Joon far from sight, Taehyung was headed upstairs to talk to Jungkook. He had made sure that no one was trailing him, but just before he reached the stairs, a hand grabbed his elbow and made him turn.

"Where are you going? We should go home now its late"

"I'll be right back. Let me just talk to Jungkook before leaving."

"Okay I'll give you two minutes. Oh, and before that do you mind dropping this in aunties room. I tripped next to the dining table and these just fell out of a box under the table. They haven't been opened till now, so I guess she's been keeping it there"

"Shouldn't you just keep them where you got it from then?"

"Juice spill all over there, so I think you should just leave it at her room for now"

He agreed and continued to climb up the stairs. Taehyung was holding onto a handful of envelops that have never been opened. It had Mrs. Jeon written with a red seal that had a bird design on it. He didn't think much and decided to just drop them off before meeting Jungkook. Just before Taehyung opened the door to his mother's room Harin called his name from below, screaming from a distance.

"Hey Tae, also I forgot, Mrs. Joon asked if we saw Officer Steve back? The other guest they had tonight"

"No, I don't think so. I've not seen him after he left"