CHAP52-"Hunter, Killer, Sinner"

J      U      N      G      K      O      O      K

"Mr. Kim! Mr. Kim!!"

With my legs still in deny to run, I had picked up each step like a newborn, chasing a man that was walking inside his room. But before I could catch up to him, a tall figure stood right in front of me, staring at my hands that rested weakly on my knees as I stopped to breathe.

"What the hell are you doing here this late in the night? And why are you" he said, pointing at my trembling figure "Like this?"

"I came to see your dad, Jin hyung"

"Why?"

"I just-I mean-I-"with my voice breaking apart, he knew I was hiding something. Jin hyung rolled up his sleeves while pulling his hair up in his palms.

"Okay, kid, tell me. Have you been doing any shit while I was gone? Did my father cry his balls out when I went missing?"

When he raised such a question, I couldn't help but snort a laugh in complete shock. Something in his sentence bothered me. But I didn't let that make me sick.

When I look into Jin hyung's eyes, I see a boy, full grown, an adult. But what's funny is his childlike behavior that never matched his image. From the very beginning of our journey as friends, he was more than an elder brother to us; he was more like our guardian or a parental figure that keeps us always smiling.

Who knew the life he offered us was not what he gets at home. He gave us a love that his father never showed him. And maybe that's why he thought we needed it. Perhaps that's why he cares so much about each one of us. He is scared to repeat his father's mistake of not giving him any time and so he offered us all the care and love in this world.

"You know how I always say Namjoon hyung is my favorite hyung," I said, smiling so wide it almost surprised him.

"He is of course" I continued, talking more casually with my eyes wandering around the vast area of his house.

"But you are the one I love for making it possible for me to laugh for years after I lost everything. You made me feel like I was family. And there is no one who could have done that other than you" I completed, fixing my eyes on his awestruck face.

"I know your mother had divorced your father when you were just eight and that she took your sister with her. But I always thought that your father was there. And I presumed him to be a man that stuck with you for everything, you know why? Because that's what you told us every day" I said and Jin hyung looked away, staring at the wall.

"You told us that your birthdays were so special that your father wanted to spend it all day with you and never called us over. But you lied. You always did. You never had a birthday party, he was never home early, nor did he ever remember. You wait for your mother's cards but they never came because she has another family now"

"You tell us every day, that your father plays with you so much that you couldn't ever finish your homework's. But the reason you never did them was that you were busy teaching yourself to cook when there was no food at home, why? Because your father was always busy"

When his eyes were fixed to the floor, I could sense a shiver in his fingers. He looked at me and there was a tear puddle inside his eyes. With steady breaths he tried to control the emotion from taking over him and with a heavy heart he opened up to question me.

"Where-how did you know all this?"

"There are only two people who knew all this. You and your diary"