CHAP41-"It begins"

J     U     N     G     K     O     O     K

The room was dark until Mr. Kim switched the lights on. There were little furniture here and there, but what catches your eyes in the first is the big adjustable chair in the center of the room. It was like the heart of the room.

The center of attraction. And it was all like how it appears in the movies.

"When will she arrive, son?" he questioned, rubbing his tools, or instruments that he uses.

"She said she will be here soon"

"What did you tell her?"

"I told her that you can help us find the murderer and that you can help her too"

Mr. Kim stopped, keeping his instruments back on place while staring at me with a shocked expression. "That was very honest of you. Why couldn't you have lied?"

"I don't lie to her"

"Young love" he remarked, laughing while continuing his chores, shaking his head in humor. What did I say?

"You know, son, your father is a very suspicious guy"

"You know my father?"

"I see him in the head office most of the time. He's quite a thing" Mr. Kim commented, looking at me in despair. I couldn't exactly make out what he meant by that. As far as I'm concerned, that man is fully messed up. He needs to get his acts together. My father was never a good person.

"He keeps emphasizing that I'm sick"

"Sick? What do you mean?"

"He said I have multiple personality disorder. I don't believe him and his fake reports about me" I replied, changing my position to face him better. "Do you think I have multiple personality disorder?" I asked.

"Absolutely not. You are perfectly fine, son. But-"Mr. Kim stopped and hesitated to continue. When there was silence covering us, I was the one wanting him to talk more. It was fine. He can tell me anything. Even if he screams that I'm sick I wouldn't even care at this point.

"But three years ago, I saw your father in the head office...crying about you" he took a little while to complete. "I was concerned and I kind of eavesdropped that day. And when I looked carefully, your father was burning down the official documents about your mother's death and Ughh!! No I shouldn't be telling you this" he said and I almost stopped breathing.

"NO PLEASE, I want to know" I pleaded, desperately, so much that he couldn't reject.

"The official documents say that you killed your mother, Jungkook. Your father couldn't let them take you. He was helpless but he still chose the hard way and he chose to protect you. Mr. Joon was ready to risk his post in the department. He replaced the original reports with the fake suicide reports to save you, child"

There was a war awakening inside me. All this while I cursed a man that wanted to protect me?

"But-but-but that's not possible? He told me I did it though!! He told me I have DID"

"I can't be sure of this, but if my years of experience speaks the truth, then I can assure you he was convinced that you could have done it. Anyone who sees a blade in your hand would suspect you child. You were the only evidence there"

"But he hates me!"

"You were the only thing left with him. He was only trying to help you by making you visit the doctor. Mr. Joon was trying to convince himself that you would never do something like that in your right mind. So he believed that it was another person in you who did it"