CHAP29-"Syndrome"

Stockholm syndrome- feelings of trust or affection felt in many cases of kidnapping or hostage-taking by a victim towards a captor.

H         A         Y        L         E         E

I hated what I was doing.

But I still do it.

Even when I knew Jin would be next in line, I had no choice but to go according to his will. There was nothing I could defy against. If I make a mistake then I would get killed. I hated him, but still trust him. Nobody would leave their lives in the hands of a murderer, especially a psychotic one.

But that's exactly what I'm doing.

This time I didn't have to smash his head or anything. All I had to do was stay in school. Of course he has some tricks up his sleeves. Even after feeling like the bait, why do I still listen to him?

Mr. anonymous, as I would address him, told me that Harin would be at school too, and whatever happens I shouldn't get caught by her.

He directed me if I ever get caught while doing his job, then I can right away kill the person even if it was the boys. But then again, he warned me to stay away from Harin? He said no matter what trick I try, I could never kill her or even go close to her.

Was she that strong? What makes him afraid of a teenage high school girl I wonder?

No one was there to guide me then nor is someone's presence guiding me ahead. I was a victim to his acts and sacrificed all I had for him.

I served him, pledged for him.

But he never acknowledged me or showed his identity. What could it be? Why do I work for a murderer?

I cared for Jin. Somehow I did.

I wasn't me. This was another part of me and I am sure about this. There is something different in me and I want to let her out. I want to free the humanity in me that was slowly dying. I want her back.

Yet more than anyone, why is it that I wanted to confess to myself? It's like my sins just fade away with the other part of me. And the other part of me will never want me as much as I want her.

But how do I bring her into me.

Ever heard of Stockholm syndrome? It was injected in me. I pitied a person I have never seen. But I still help him,

For all I was,

His accomplice.

H         A        R         I         N

Taehyung hated cereal. He preferred bread and jam more.

"Mom for the last time I don't want breakfast"

"But Tae, cereal or toast in the end it all just digest inside your stomach, boy"

"I don't think so" he replied, pinching moms cheeks before running outside the house with his books that were about to slip of his grip anytime, but he held onto them like his life depends on it. Taehyung bit onto some papers while he tried his best to arrange them into the file he was carrying.

But he looked clumsy as ever.

It's quite normal for us to run late to school. In fact it turns out to be a routine.

Taehyung was already outside. He didn't wait for me as usual and probably headed straight to school before detention trails behind him again. There was a catch to this actually. He wanted to spend the evening with Ashly. But of course, detention wasn't the best thing to fall into so he became more responsible. Just for one day.