29- Clingy

"No daddy." Delilah pouts. Luke sighs as she clings tightly to his neck and squeezes her thighs tighter around his waist.

"Daddy has to make you breakfast baby, let me put you down."

"No daddy." Delilah objects in something similar to the voice Luke uses when he's explaining something to delilah, slow and deliberate, like she thinks he doesn't understand.

Luke chuckles at that, taking his hands off the girl hips and letting her cling to him while he goes about making breakfast. Delilah grins at having won and clings on tightly, readjusting or scooting up every so often.

When Luke finishes, he again attempts to set his little girl down in a chair so she can eat, but she grunts in protest, making the blonde laugh. "Cmon sweetheart, let daddy go. You gotta eat."

"I eat wif daddy." Delilah huffs and Luke sighs.

"You can eat with daddy in a different chair."

"No. Daddy my chaw." Luke laughs at that, kissing Delilah's nose.

"Daddy's your chair, huh?"

"Daddy no leave."

"Daddy's not going anywhere babydoll, but it'd make daddys life much easier if you'd sit in your own chair."

"No daddy."

Luke relents again, understanding the girls clingy behavior despite his sore muscles from carrying her every second of the day since he brought her home yesterday, only getting a break to change his own and her clothes last night into pjs.

"We're gonna go see uncle jack in the hospital today princess, you wanna do that?"

"Stay wit daddy?"

"Yeah, you'll stay with daddy. Don't worry baby, daddy's not going anywhere."

"Ok. Go see uncle jack. Stay wit daddy. Daddy not goin any er." Delilah repeats, sitting in lukes lap and accepting the bite of food he gives her. The blonde smiles proudly at the little girl.

"You're getting so good at talking, princess. Daddy should teach you some more stuff, huh?"

"Yeah, Daddy. Good at talkin. Daddy teach baby new stuff." The little girl says, smiling at Luke and then turning back to her food to eat. Luke grins and wraps his arms around the little girls waist, leaning his head on her shoulder and pecking at her neck gently, which makes her giggle and shy away.

"Love you daddy." Delilah smiles and leans back against her daddy, which makes Luke squeeze her tighter and smile bigger, burying his face in her neck.

"Daddy loves you more baby, se agapó." The blonde says, the words muffled into Delilah's pale skin.

Delilah grins widely at the warm, bright, amazing feeling in her chest, kissing Luke cheek and then going back to her breakfast as Luke does the same, feeling inexcplicably happy and lucky and grateful to have ended up with this man in this situation rather than some of the other people and places she could have been put in.

Delilah and Luke finish their breakfasts before the blonde carries his ebony haired baby to her room to get clothes for the day.

"What does my babygirl wanna wear to go see uncle jack, hm? Maybe a pretty dress?" Luke hums to the little girl who turns her head away from the firm broad shoulder she was laying on to look at her closet.

"E-y-l-eeeeellllllloooo." Delilah sounds the word out carefully and uncertainly, making her daddy smile.

"Yellow, princess?"