13- Help

If Luke thought taking care of his babygirl on a daily basis was hard, dealing with the little devil sick is absolute fucking hell.

All she wants for to do- especially now that she's feeling worse- is scream and cry and kick and fight, and then maybe cuddle while she cries some more.

Not even chocolate can bribe the little one to take her medicine anymore, Luke has no idea how to get it in her.

He needs help, and since his mum lives too far away, he relies on his friends. Hopefully they'll help and not make things worse, but they're about his last option. So they're on their way over.

"Delilah, baby, cmere." Luke mumbles gently as Delilah cries and watches cartoons on the couch, coughing and cuddling with her fox stuffie with her thumb in her mouth.

Luke gently pulls the thumb out from between her pink lips and wipes at her nose, making her cry.

He pinches her nose gently as she cries and tries to bat his hands away. "Blow your nose."

"No! No daddy!" She screeches.

"Daddy's not letting go til you blow your nose." The little one is too weak to fight him much, otherwise he wouldn't be so easily doing this and keeping her still in his lap.

She huffs and blows her nose, and Luke lets go and throws the tissue away.

She screams in annoyance, and Luke sighs, holding her snuggly to his chest trying to calm her.

"Daddy!" She sobs.

"I know princess." Luke sighs, suddenly met with a scream and thrashing.

He quickly picks the little girl up and carries her to the bathroom, knowing by now what the sudden tantrum means.

She wouldn't be throwing up if she had the medicine.

A knock sounds on the door and Luke sighs, knowing the boys will come in on their own in a minute. He continues to hold Delilahs hair and rub her back.

When she finishes, he brushes her teeth- to her displeasure- and then carried the sobbing girl to the living room, where the boys are waiting.

"No daddy!" She cries.

"I know baby." Luke sighs. "Hey boys."

"Hey, man, you look exhausted." Ashton says as he hugs Luke and the little one.

"Yeah." He mutters as the other boys greet him as well. "She'd be so much better if I could just get her to take the medicine,  but bribing her with chocolate only worked once."

"Daddy! Baba!" Delilah cries, ignoring the fact that the other three boys are here and clinging to her daddy.

"Does baba mean bottle?" Cal asks, and Luke nods in response.

"Have you tried putting it in the bottle?" Mikey asks.

"I'm an idiot, why didn't I think of that, I'll do that now."

Luke tries to hand his baby off to calums outstretched hands, but is met with a horrible shriek and heart wrenching sobs.

"No! Daddy no bug bye!"

"Daddy's right here, don't you want your baba? Daddy has to make your baba." Luke reassures as he puts the pale girl in calums lap, remaining in front of her so she can see and feel his hands running through her hair.

He lays her against Calum as he continues with the comforting massaging motion, and then has Calum sneakily take over the action as the babies cries reduce to sniffles, and very quietly leaves the room to make he bottle with medicine, putting extra sugar, vanilla, and even some chocolate syrup in to cover the medicines taste. He hands the bottle to Calum, but when he tries to give it to her and she opens her teary eyes to see what he's doing, she starts crying for her daddy.