{ TWENTY-FIVE }

CHAPTER 25 | Punishment

Aaah! 1000 reads, oh my gawd! Thank you so much. I truly didn't expect I would get this many reads. It might be a few, but for me it's a great accomplishment :) Thank you a thousand times n.n

MARK'S P.O.V.

Zack and I have grown so close these last weeks. Very close, if you ask me. I never thought we would become so close friends, but we did.

But these last weeks I've also started to feel things that I had never experienced. Things that feel so weird yet so good. I mean, when I see him, I feel my heart beating faster, and my stomach fluttering with excitement. When I don't see him, I feel quite empty and sad. I can't explain it. I thought that we all felt this kind of things when we saw our best friends, or someone that we like so much. But I don't feel the same way when I see my friends, or Scarlet.

That means that I'm starting to like Zack more than normal. But I mean, I like him as a friend, not like... something else. I like his personality, even if he's not as talkative or as loud as my other friends, he has something that makes him... how to say it... special. When he talks, or when he laughs, it's like a really pleasing sound to my ears.

Yesterday, our little ruffling hair game ended up in Zack being on top of me. It happened so fast and I wasn't expecting it. We stayed like that for a bit and it was... weird. For some reason, while I was looking up straight into his brown eyes, I didn't want him to look away, much less to get away from me. The sensation of our bodies pressed against each other was so good. And when he stood up away from me, that sensation had gone, and the air started to get colder around my body.

All these feelings have had me very confused, and at the same time, I want to feel them again. These feelings have gotten stronger with every passing day. I don't understand why is exactly him who makes me feel this.

Sometimes I've seen that he looks at me with a bit of fear, or that he prefers to keep a bit of distance between us when we're hanging out. I guess he's still a bit afraid from how I used to treat him in the past, and I feel guilty for having treated him that way. Someday I want to tell him that I'm sorry for how I called him and everything I did to him, so he can feel more in confidence when he's with me. I want him to trust me and that he knows that he can count on me for everything he needs to tell me... Even if someday he confessed that he's gay or bi, I don't think I would mind... We would still be friends... right? As long as he said that he doesn't like me, I would be fine... or not?

Argh. I don't know! I just don't want to make him feel scared of me anymore. I really feel bad for him because he's just so vulnerable, and... cute. Like an angel... Ugh, shut up, Mark.

Right now I'm standing in the middle of a huge field, the entire ground covered by wheat. The sun is setting and it's starting to feel a bit cold. A breeze of air blew my direction, making me hug myself a little, even though cold doesn't bother me that much.

I looked down to see I was wearing a plain shirt, sweatpants and I was barefoot. I really have no idea what I'm doing here.

Then, out of nowhere, my eyes catch the sight of a moving figure some feet away from me. The figure looks like a boy. A very familiar boy. He has short, brown hair. He's wearing a single shirt and sweatpants, like me, and he's kicking his bare feet on the ground as he walks carelessly. Wait, that is Zack. What is he doing here? What are we doing here?

Zack turned his head to look at me, as if he already knew I was there. He sent me a smile, but... it looked more like a smirk. After that, he turned his back to me and started walking away.