Chapter 11

Chapter 11

As we neared my motorcycle, I heard Chase groan behind my back. I laughed as I heard him complain about me not having a decent ride. Grabbing the helmet from the handle, I tossed it over to him and he caught it grudgingly. I watched in amusement as he pulled it over his head and secured the straps. 

"Come on, it's not that bad."

"Not that bad? You nearly got us killed by going over the speed limit!" he exclaimed, and I rolled my eyes at his drama. I motioned for him to hop on the seat after me, and he did so. 

I brought the engine to life and tied my hair up in a high ponytail before looking at him over my shoulder. "Don't worry, I won't go over the speed limit for your sake," I said with a smirk and looked back toward the front. 

Just as I was about to make my way out, a shout from the other side of the parking lot caught my attention. I snapped my head towards where the shout came from and saw a rather annoyed Gregory revving the engine to his own motorcycle. 

"Scratch that, hold on tight!"

If he was going to say something, I didn't let him as I saw that Gregory was starting to speed up his way to us. All I heard was a shriek the moment I turned the handle. Chase's arms went tight around my waist. 

I concentrated on not getting us killed as Gregory was hot on our tails. The light ahead of us turned red and I cursed under my breath, quickly skidding to the right and taking a different route. I went over the speed limit, dashing through cars expertly—Gregory did the same a good distance away.

Once I reached the gym, I screeched to a halt and pushed Chase off the seat. "Run inside, now! Wesley won't let him in," I ordered him, and he nodded frantically. 

I looked back to see Gregory was about to crash into me furiously, and—without a second thought—I sped off. The wind hit my face harshly, making my eyes dry up quickly. He was getting closer and closer, intent on crashing into me. 

What was his problem?

I tried my best to keep my eyes open, studying the traffic as we reached another red light. Deciding to risk it all, I sped past the red light and did a drastic U-turn, nearly crashing into a car. The horns were being heard everywhere, but that didn't stop me from speeding against the traffic. I glanced over my shoulder momentarily, taking the chance that no cars were coming my way. Gregory screeched to a halt right before the red light, losing control of the bike and almost falling sideways.

I grinned in victory, switching to the correct side of the road and speeding back to the gym. As I approached it, I decided I would park my bike somewhere else since I was pretty sure my crazy ex-boyfriend would expect me at the gym. I found a good parking spot two buildings down and parked there, my breathing heavy as the adrenaline wore off. I let out a deep breath and placed a hand over my chest, my heart beating erratically. 

Why would he chase me down and practically try to kill me? He was such a psychopath.

I hopped off the bike and walked toward the gym while stretching my arms over my head. Once I stepped foot inside the building, I was greeted by the fresh air conditioner, the smell of sweat, and Wesley's beautiful, booming voice. 

"What the hell were you thinking, Amelia?" Wesley stomped toward me as Chase stood behind him, looking beyond panicked. 

I stared at Wes, patiently waiting for him to stop throwing questions my way. After a minute, he stopped rambling. He had his arms crossed over his chest, clearly demanding answers. 

I sighed and let my hair loose from the now messed up ponytail, detangling some knots with my fingers. "Gregory was furiously chasing us down and I had to bring Chase to safety. He was after me, anyways. If something happened, at least the nerd would have been safe," I said.