⊰92⊱

💫

Acacia/Ciarán - Age 18

I'm sitting at the edge of Lailoken's bed, breathing out calmly as the moonbeams stream in through the glass doors to the balcony. The fresh mark left behind from Taron, it's a symbol now of my trust to him and his faith to me...

...only time will tell if I've made the right choice.

We'd fallen asleep together, though there is something that stirs from my heart. It's a tightness, feeling almost like a thread is running through it while guiding me off the edge of the bed and toward the glass doors. I lift my hand, pressing the palm of it against the cool glass.

Shroud?

The thought crosses my mind as I open the door, stepping out onto the patio as the cool air nips at the exposed flesh of my arms. My bare feet walk out onto a thin layer of icy snow, though they become numb a moment later.

Shroud as in the veil?

Shroud as in the glamour surrounding me?

What do I look like through Lailoken's eyes?

What does he see me as?

A surge of energy passes through my arms and I glance to see the spider web tattoos on my arms glow with a light purple radiance. Furrowing my brows, I glance away and recall...

...representation of the passage of time.

I breathe out and close my eyelids, feeling the energy pulsating to life through my being. Weave reality...

Slowly, I edge my way up onto the wooden railing of the balcony, steadying myself as I slowly open my eyelids. I gaze out to the forest, tilting my head to the side as I'm no longer afraid. I've been through what I believe is the worst, hardly batting an eye the second I take a step off the balcony.

I don't fall, the webs weaving a pathway for me, the way Nimue had once shown me. I'd doubted myself, fear driving a part of my being, yet now I walk without a single doubt harboring in my mind. Nothing clouds the way I feel, the way I think as I walk toward the tree trunks. As I feel the way the forest creates a thickness around my aura, I walk through and make my own pathway among the branches. The further I draw away from the pack lodge, the fewer warmth trails after me, instead...I feel colder by the second and it's not from the weather. I step on some branches here and there, while other times I walk freely on the air with the webs, coming closer to a tight grove.

It's here, this grove...where I come to a halt. My eyelids close for a moment, exhaling a sharp breath before I feel my feet touch down on the remains of the snow. When they open once again, I glance around the trees surrounding me, standing a good twenty or so feet away in all directions. I can feel it, a thread drawing me here...

...yet as I breathe silently, a small cloud forming past my parted lips, I begin to see shifts in the veil.

It crackles and distorts, the strands of the webs flickering away before floating like wisps into the night sky and toward the moon overhead. Amythest eyes shift into focus, a greater energy eliciting a strong response from the veil before I see the hue in the grove shift, the purple aura settling in the area. The spider webs attach themselves to the tree trunks, the low brush and even near the snow at my feet.

A few seconds later, she appears before me...

...Nimue.

"Acacia..." her voice trails off, almost as in disbelief before she raises her arms. She turns her hands from front to back, breathing out, "I'm here-"