⊰89⊱

💫

Acacia/Ciarán - Age 18

Ohhhh...my...god...

I turn away from the sight, having drawn their attention, I'm quick to run back a bit. I'm in shock, my hands almost numb as I lean against a divot in a tree trunk. My eyes are wide as I stare at the tree bark, shaking slightly as I can't get the image out of my head.

Lailoken was right...

...Taron and he are true mates and that was their wolves...

...mating.

Breathing out and turning around, I slide down against the trunk, pulling the hood of my coat up over my head. My hands are over my ears as my eyelids shut tightly together. I can't unsee what I just saw...

...I feel immobilized though, pulling my knees up to my chest as my chin rests on the tops of them. I can feel how much my cheeks burn with embarrassment, for what I'd walked into without even having the slightest clue. It's awhile, not knowing how much time has passed, though I don't want to move...

Warm breath fans my face and I slowly open my eyelids. Tilting my chin up, I can see them standing in front of me while I slowly move my knees down and away from my chest. The second my eyes glance from both Fenrir and my wolfie, my cheeks immediately redden and I shake my head, looking back down at my knees. Taron's wolf whines and I feel his muzzle bumping against my side as he tries to get his nose up under my arm.

A low bark comes from Fenrir and I hesitantly look up. I'm still uneasy, my wolfie managing to get his big head between one of my arms I have raised up as I'm still covering my ears. I drop my arms and Taron's wolf looks up at me while plopping down on the ground. It's in his eyes I see the sadness and regret, almost saying I'm sorry when he lowers his chin against my thigh.

"Please...please don't hurt me again..." my voice is soft, tears gathering in my eyes as I tell my wolfie, "I've always loved you and you really hurt me..."

Taron's wolf licks my hand, moving his muzzle up to my face while his nose nudges my face. He's sniffing my scent when his muzzle travels down my neck, my hood falling backward. When he gently licks at the soft spot where my neck meets my shoulder, he whimpers, and whines. He nods his head, knowing he's done wrong by me and it's taken Lailoken to snap him into reality.

My arms wrap around his back, burying my cheek into the side of his neck as I whisper, "I forgive you, wolfie."

It's a high pitch, quick whine, and bark that comes from the back of his throat. He pushes his head against my side while snuggling into me, his paws resting on my thighs. Fenrir pads to the other side of me, turning around before lowering himself onto the ground. His large head lies against my thighs, snuggling closer to my abdomen, his tongue flicking out before he presses a little harder against me. Their warmth seeps through my clothes and to my flesh, the cool air no longer affects me.

My breathing is even, not realizing that I'm dozing off until I'm moved. I don't even open my eyelids, all the anxiety and stress I'd pent up from what I believed would happen with Taron... it's released from my muscles and draws me into a deeper sleep.

When I wake up, it's with my forehead pressing into Lailoken's bare chest. His arms are around me, holding me close while I hear the steady rhythm of his heartbeat.

He knows I'm awake, his voice low as he says, "You were quite tired."

"I fell asleep with Fenrir...and my wolfie?" I ask him as I pull back away slightly, glimpsing around the room that had been made for us.