⊰81⊱

💫

Acacia/Ciarán - Age 18

"Ekáti?!" Lailoken is calling my name over and over again.

My head is in my hands as I'm screaming, crying and begging, "Please stop, please! Help! Stop!" It all drones into one sentence spilling from my lips continuously.

His hands alter on me and I cry louder, pushing to my side and away from him as Lailoken lets me go completely. I'm so frantic, I flail out the edge of the bed, some of the sheets wrapping around one of my ankles. Panic rises further when I see Lailoken edge off the other side of the bed, his tall stature walking around toward me. I'm grabbing at the sheets, my heart racing as I tear them away from my ankle.

Lailoken advances carefully before extending his arm and asking, "Ekáti? It's o-"

"NO!" I scream at the top of my lungs, slipping out of the sheet that entrapped me and scooting back against the floorboards. My heart stops for a few moments in my chest when my back hits the corner of the room, my chest rising and falling fast. Shaking my head when he takes a step toward me, I sob, "Stop, please!"

Lailoken halts his movements, his features discerning my actions before I bury my face into the top of my knees. It's only a few moments later that the door to the room is thrown open, my chin lifting slightly as I see Samami walk closer to Lailoken. She takes one look at me and then tells him, "Alpha Loki...please leave us."

There's a hardness set on his face, his jaw clenching hard before he releases an exhale. He turns from the room, closing the door behind him while Samami keeps her focus on me. She furrows her brows at me, looking me over before she calmly asks, "Acacia, I'm going to come closer to you, okay?"

It's hard for me to breathe, hyperventilating while my eyes flicker to meet with Samami's. A very slight nod gives her the okay to walk closer to me, her movements becoming smaller and slower as she kneels down in front of me.

I...I-I...don't understand...what was Lailoken doing?

This adds more unpredictability to his character and places me closer to the edge.

Samami asks in a calm tone, "May I touch you?"

At first, I shake my head from side to side hard, my heart skipping every couple of beats. It hurts so badly, my chest constricting as I cry out and lose my breath.

"Be calm, Acacia," Samami continues with an even voice and tells me, "breathe in and out slowly."

It's hard to regulate my breathing, but she does it with me and I'm beginning to take much more even breaths. My heart rate slows gradually, stained tear trails linger on my cheeks.

Samami nods her head and asks again, "May I touch you?"

Slowly nodding my head, I release my legs from the death grip I had and reply, "Y-Ye-s."

She's calming, her aura as she outstretches her hands, one setting against my upper chest while the other gently holds the side of my face. Her eyes stare into mine, seeing her irises shift completely golden before she exhales, "I'm so sorry...I don't know what happened...but I can feel your pain, your fear, your anger..."

A few fresh tears fall down my cheeks when I whisper, "I wanted it all to go away..." she continues to ease my emotional pain as I cry, "...why did he do that?"

Samami tilts her head to the side and asks, "What do you mean?"

"Why...why was he..." even at the very thought of his skin against mine, the radiating heat of his lips on my neck, it causes me to release a shaky exhale. My eyes stare into hers when I ask, "Touching...holding me?"