⊰76⊱

💫

Acacia/Ciarán - Age 17

Warmth.

Though I want to remain in the darkest depths of abyssal night, I still feel a trail of warmth beckoning from the edge.

It's faint at first, the world around me slowly setting in. I feel pain, though it doesn't affect me outwardly. My muscles are sore, my stomach churning and knotting with each passing second while my heart begins to beat slightly faster. It's audible from a monitor, the beeping fading in and out, but I know it reflects my heart rate.

The feeling of something soft and hard I lay against on my side begins to register with my senses. Along with the what I'm lying against, I feel a comfort of an arm wrapped around my back...

...my forehead rests against something firm, yet soothing to the touch.

There is a soft shift, a hand touching my upper arm as the pad of a thumb brushes deflecting over my flesh, feeding me more warmth. It pierces through my body, melting away some of the ice, yet it doesn't chip everything entirely away from my heart.

Knees are slightly bent and press up against my bent ones, my nervous system registering that one of my hands is placed against the firmness my forehead rests against.

Flickering lights penetrate through my closed lids, hearing my light breathing as I try to open my eyelids. It's hard though, taking more strength than I have left within me to pry them open. My eyes are in slits as a blurry mass can be seen in front of me. It's dark, just like when I was fading in and out.

I blink my eyelids open rapidly a few times, fixating my gaze to see that it's a shirt I'm staring at, my forehead leaning against a chest. A very quiet moan leaves my lips when I try to move any muscle in my body, a sharp exhale leaving my lungs while I feel the slight grip on me tense.

"I can't live without you..."

My eyes suddenly widen as the voice ringing in my ears...

...it's Rian.

He brushes his thumb over the flesh of my arm as I hear the watery tone in his voice, "I love you..."

It's with his help that I slowly am able to tilt my chin back, looking up into his eyes as I see tears lingering in his. They've been falling down his cheeks, his eyes red not of bloodlust or anger, but because he's been crying...

...there's no reason to cry.

I can never be his.

Mercury made sure of that.

Why couldn't I just leave in peace?

"Cormac, I don't understand," it's Aohdan's voice I hear clearly off in the distance slightly, "how did she slip past your radar?"

Dad's voice sounds close to Rian's when he replies, "She shut the world out...including me...I didn't know things were getting this bad-"

Rian's body vibrates with anger as he cries out, "You didn't trust her! You didn't listen to her!"

"Rian-"

Aohdan is cut off when Rian cuts him off, "I know the truth. I've seen it!"

"Her blood memories..." dad's voice is regretful.

"Rian, please be gentle," Aohdan reminds him as I feel Rian's grip tightening on my upper arm as an almost inaudible whimper leaves my lips. Aohdan pauses a moment before stating, "You needed evidence...I get that, but you know more than anymore how anything can be manipulated...though I agree that blood memories should reflect what happened."