December Wish

***Aaron's P.O.V.***

I didn't sleep that night... or any night since she left. If I did manage to drift off, I'd be crudely awakened by a nightmare, but I can never remember what it was about afterwards. No matter how hard I try, nothing comes to mind except a certain girl with piercing brown eyes.

I throw my legs over the side of the bed and make my way slowly to the bathroom. The hotel provided everything a bunch of teenage werewolves with everything we needed, as long as we have money, but that's not unusual. So far from our pack's land, I'd say about a few hours, and in unmarked territory doesn't make things easy, but with the pack's bank account we can afford everything easily. In the room is Me, Hank, Damon, and Naomi. She has one bed, I have the other and the other two guys are on the floor. Jess and Jay have their own room, thank god.

I flick on the light and flinch at the sudden brightness.

I lean on the counter, palms down, and make myself look into the mirror.

Dark, half moons are the first thing I notice and seem very dark compared to my pale skin. My hair is curling at the ends, in desperate need of a haircut, but I haven't felt like getting one.

Quiet footfalls alert me that someone else is awake. A second later, Naomi sticks her head into the bathroom, with bad bedhead, and her eyes soften upon seeing me.

"Can't sleep?" She asks quietly.

"Yea." I breathe out and rub my hands over my face.

"You don't look so good. Are you sure you're ok?" She walks completely into the small room with me and sets a comforting hand on my shoulder. In her shorts and a t-shirt she's every guys best friend, unlike other girls who wear too tight and too short clothes. It just shows that they're desperate.

"I feel aweful because I'm exhausted, but I can't get to sleep without having some sort of bad dream." She leans against the sink, listening quietly. "My wolf has also been depressed and it's making me feel the same way."

"And how does that make you feel?" She asks, quoting a really bad therapist or something.

My lips twitch into a very small smile.

"Honestly, it sucks."

"I bet. So do you wanna go get breakfast somewhere? It might take your mind off of everything for a little while."

I look at the digital clock sitting close by.

"It's five in the morning... but sure. I could eat something."

She laughs lightly.

"A way to make any guy happy is with food."

I walk out of the bathroom, turning off the light and grab my jacket that was draped over a desk chair. I don't care that I'm only in a pair of basketball shorts and a sleeveless shirt, even if it's wintertime.

"Remember that when you find your mate." I tell her and she smiles. "It'll probably come in handy."

"I will."

"Hey, where you guys going?" Damon asks, fighting off sleep and proping himself up on his elbows.

"Out to eat... you coming?" Naomi answers.

"Nah, I like sleep. Sleep is my mate. Now, you kids have fun and be back by ten." His head flops back onto his pillow and he's out like a light.

I open the door and walk into the hallway.

"Did he really just say that?" She asks, closing the door behind her.

I shrug and make my way down the hall.