Finding Possabilities

Pic of Ben's truck ----------------------------------------->

 ***Terra's P.O.V.***

 It was only a couple of minute before wolves from Mason's pack burst through the trees and a blanket was draped over my shoulders. 

 "Oh my god." Vi says softly, kneeling beside me.

 "I got here too late to help her." I mumble, still looking at the still form in front of me.

"Terra," I look up at Mason standing on the other side of me. "How did you get here before us when there were teams closer than you? That's what I would like to know."

I take a deep breath.

"Mason, I'll answer yours, but I need some of my own."

His forehead crinkles in confusion.

"I don't know what about, but I guess I can try to tell you what you need." He nods for extra emphasis.

I stand on shaky legs and begin to make the walk back to the pack house in silence, thinking about how I was too late.

***Terra' Mate' P.O.V.***

So, the hunt for my mate completely sucks. Don't get me wrong, I really want to find her, but the way we're going about finding her is what is sucking.

Jordan emailed every pack that is close to our own territory or in the net state in hopes to get lucky. He said that an elder in our pack had a vision from the spirits of my mate and that we needed to find her. All the Alphas emailed back telling us if they did or didn't have anyone matching the description of the girl we're looking for.

So far, Jay, Ben, Damon, Hank, Jessica, Naomi and I have visited four packs and it is torture. Every girl claims to be the one we're looking for and tries to be flirtatious when really they look desperate.

At the moment, our rag-tag group is on its way to the Crescent Moon Pack's territory in Ben's brand new truck. Ben's driving, of course, and Naomi is probably driving him insane. (For a girl who is only 5'3'', she has a BIG mouth. You never want to get on her bad side.) The rest of us are in the bed, watching the scenery go by in a blur and dreading our next destination.

"Cheer up bro. We'll find her... eventually." Jay adds at the last second.

Jess elbows him in the side and he rubs the spot with a mock frown on his face.

"Ignore him. He's insensitive." She shoots an annoyed look at my twin before smiling softly at me.

And this is why I absolutely love Jessica. She keeps my brother in line and that's one less thing I have to worry about then. Her being his mate is probably the best thing that's ever happened to him, but he won't admit it to any of the guys. Naomi talks to Jess and then nothing is a secret because I mention once again that Naomi has a big mouth.

"Thank you Jess." I give her a genuine smile and Jay glares at me. Ha! He hates it when she sides with me over him, but he's not always right like he likes to think he is.

She shrugs.

"He needs to learn when to keep his mouth shut."

Everyone laughs while Jay slouches against the side of the car, pouting.

Hank slaps him on the shoulder just as the truck hits a bump, sending him crashing face-first into the bottom of the truck bed. We howl with laughter (no pun intended) until there are tears in our eyes.