Returning Home

***Terra's P.O.V.***

I sit straight up, gasping for air. I lace my hand through my hair and take a deep breath to calm my erratically beating heart.

The half moon is casting shadows everywhere and the color is being washed out of everything, making things look grey, white and black.

"What just happened?" Gia asks quietly. She's still lying down a few feet from me and I didn't realize that she was awake.

"What do you mean?" I ask in a whisper so I don't wake anyone else. The other girls are sleeping soundly nestled into the leaves on the ground. The fire burning low in the middle of us all.

She sits up slowly and looks at me, wide awake and her eyes filled with confusion.

"The huge, moon lit halls and tapestries hanging on the walls. Then the red-headed girl was crying... over you I'm guessing. And the papers on the desk in the study..." She trails off, looking thoughtful.

With each thing she described, it made me stiffen in surprise. She saw everything I did?

"Gena," Her eyes focus on me. "I still can't control it sometimes and I was projecting. I think you may have, for lack of a better word, tagged along and seen everything I did."

Her usually purple eyes, that look dark grey, widen slightly.

"If that's what happened, it would explain why I didn't have any control over where I was going like the first time I scared that old couple." She smiles at the memory. "But why did I see what you did?"

"I don't know, but since you know what everything looked like in excruciating detail and you haven't been there before, I'd say you're right."

Bryn rolls over suddenly in her sleep, grabbing my arm and makes a weird noise. Then she tilts her hear back and her mouth falls wide open.

I cover my mouth with my other hand to muffle my laughter.

"What's wrong with her?" Gena asks, looking curiously at my friend.

"According to her, nothing, but I have a new witness that will back me up when I tell her she sleeps with her mouth open." I stick my hand under her chin to close it, only for it to fall open again a few seconds later.

I roll my eyes and can't help but smile.

"So... about the papers on the man's desk." She begins, looking nervous. "I know it's not my business, ?"

"That would be my father." She nods in understanding.

"Ok, well he seemed really focused on finding someone. Umm, I think his name was Hayden King... isn't King the name of the royal family?"

"Yea."

"Ok, so he's loking for his son... and your brother then?" She looks to me for confirmation and I shrug.

"Honestly, I had no idea that I had more than one brother."

"Well that sucks." She pauses. "So, what are you gonna do?"

I stretch my arms out just as I begin to yawn.

"Right now, I'm going back to sleep. We can figure something out in the morning."

"Alright." We lay down facing each other and I call her name softly before we close our eyes.

"Don't tell anyone about the girl who was crying."

"You know her?" I nod, running my cheek against the rough ground. "I won't." She promises quietly and drifts to sleep.

I follow her into unconciousness not long after.