Chapter 52

Colby's POV

I couldn't believe how oblivious I had been. How had I not realised that something was going on with Clara? I called James and told him that I was going to be coming to Arizona earlier than I planned. I headed back to Houston before flying to Arizona. James was waiting for me at the airport and he could see that I was distressed.

"Matthew is already here and I called Leon and TJ and told them that they can come if they want as well as a couple of my teammates," James said.

I nodded and let him continue to talk but my phone rang. I checked the caller ID and I saw that it was TJ so I answered it.

"Have you talked to Christian recently?" he asked as soon as I answered.

"Not recently, probably not since just after the Super Bowl," I said.

"I was at the facilities the other day and he was there. He was working himself hard and I think that something is bothering him. Do you and James mind if I get him to come?" he asked.

I asked James and he said it was fine so I relayed that to TJ and he then told me that they would hopefully be here either tomorrow or the day after. We then headed to James' house and Matthew was waiting for us.

"I haven't seen you for ages," he said.

"That would be because we play for teams in different cities. I'm in Houston and you are in are San Diego," I said calmly.

He hit me across the chest and I ducked before he could hit me again. We all headed inside and the first question that they asked me was about Clara. I quickly told them that I only wanted to explain it once so I was going to wait until everyone was here.

We spent the time talking about our seasons. I was mostly over the Super Bowl but it made me more determined to win next season. Leon joined us later in the day and TJ texted me to tell me that they were landing now so I stole James' car and headed towards the airport.

They were waiting for me already and I could see on Christian's face that something was wrong. I didn't ask him about it yet and we started talking about other things instead. TJ was pleased to say that he and Piper had told Coach about their relationship and he wasn't that angry.

Christian was mostly silent the whole way and by the look on TJ's face it was the same on the flight here. I wasn't going to push him about it now because it might be about his Dad. We walked into James' house and everyone started talking.

"Guys, this is Christian," I said.

They all knew TJ but because Christian was new to the team last year so he didn't hang out with us last year. I took a seat on the floor and everyone turned to look at me.

"What happened with you and Clara?" Leon was the first to ask.

I told them all what happened and I think that they were all a bit shocked as well.

"There is a pretty simple solution to this," James said.

We all looked at him and he smirked at us.

"Just avoid relationships," he laughed.

It made us all laugh and it lightened the mood in the room a bit so we could stop talking about me and Clara. I wanted to go for a run because I hadn't for a couple of days so I wanted to go for one. Christian wanted to come with me and I agreed.

We both changed and headed out for a run. Christian was silent most of the time and we run around the streets of Arizona. I could see that Christian still had something on his mind. We stopped in a park and I turned to face him.

"What's the matter?" I asked him.

He shrugged but I wasn't going to let it go that easily.

"What's the matter?" I asked him again.

"My Mom wanted to me come home and I knew that I shouldn't but I did. I spent the whole week getting told everything that is wrong with my life, which Dad thinks is everything in my life. And apparently because I don't have girlfriend I'm never going to find someone," he said.

"You make a good football player. Just because you don't have someone now doesn't mean that you won't" I said.

He nodded and we started to run back. Christian looked a little brighter but he still looked a little distracted. The four guys hadn't moved from the lounge and Christian decided to go use the shower first.

"Did you talk to Christian?" TJ asked me.

"Yeah. It's nothing too major," I lied.

Christian's secret wasn't mine to tell but I didn't want them to worry about him. Christian would be fine but sometimes he just needed someone to talk to but like me he struggles to talk to anyone about anything like this.

Christian came down about ten minutes later and he joined me on the floor. I looked at him and he offered me a smile. I knew that he would be alright. It would just take time to get over it. James found a football and we headed out into the backyard to muck around.

It was a good distraction for me to hang out with a group of friends. We were all mucking around and I was playing quarterback. I wasn't very good passer but for our backyard game I was good enough.

James caught my pass and was tackled to the ground by Matthew. They both lay there, being incredible dramatic.

"I miss things like this," James said, still lying on the ground.

"So do I," I added.

"I see that we just aren't good enough for you," TJ teased.

I shoved him backwards and he landed on the ground. We headed back inside not long later and James started making food. I grabbed my phone to see that I had a couple of voice messages from Clara.

I stood there looking at them for about a minute, wondering what to do. I ended up deleting them because I just didn't want to deal with it at the moment. I wanted to hang out with my friends and forget about Clara and her stalker.

I knew that I would probably go back to her because I could never love someone like I love Clara but I wanted her to know that she has to tell me things like this. I dumped my phone before heading back over to the guys.

I was going to forget about it for now.

.........................................................................................................................................................................................................

So I go away in a couple of day for about two weeks so I don't know how many more updates I will get out before then.

Comment and Vote

The Wise One