Chapter 14

Colby's POV

I stayed out of the way of my family over the weekend. I stayed in my room for most of it and did all my homework. It didn't take me very long but I made it take as long as possible and then I did boring jobs like organise all my books by alphabetic order.

Sunday came around and I turned up just in time for the review session of the film. Rory was gone for the season with a knee injury.

"Colby, you played well on both sides of the ball but if we get a week in of training then hopefully you won't need to play as much next week," Coach said.

"It was fun but I don't like playing receiver. It is my job to stop those guys, not be one," I said.

Coach nodded and we started to watch the film. Clara had come and joined us and she was offering her advice. I noticed quite a few mistakes in my own game as a receiver but it wasn't bad. Coach gave as all some advice for our game.

Adam and I still weren't talking and he still had a black eye from where I punched him but it was a bit discoloured. Coach held both us back and I knew that was what we were going to be talking about.

"What happened to your eye?" Coach asked.

"Colby punched me," Adam said.

"You two are both leaders on this team and you need to get along better," Coach said.

"We will but Colby needs to calm down," Adam said.

"You called me a disaster and told me that I'm not worth anyone time so I'm not going to apologise until you oh but wait you don't ever do you because you don't realise how much it fucking hurts," I said.

I left the office before Adam could complain about what I said. I stormed outside and sat down outside the house. Clara sat down beside me and she wrapped an arm around me.

"You shouldn't listen to Adam," she told me.

I nodded but I didn't turn to look at her. I pulled my legs closer to me and leant my head on her shoulder. Adam came out the door and didn't even notice me and Clara sitting there and I was happy because I didn't want to deal with him.

"How come you are so nice to me?" I asked.

"You aren't that bad and I think that you deserve a friend and I like to spent time with you," she said.

"Would you like to go out on a date with me?" I asked.

I don't really know why I asked her but I started to like her more. She offered me a shy smile and a small nod. I stood up and smiled back at her.

"I'll pick you up at six," I smiled.

I straddled my bike and headed home. Adam was sitting in the lounge and I completely ignored him and headed up to my room. I still had a smile on my face knowing that I was going out on a date with Clara.

I changed into black pants and a white button up shirt. Adam was now gone and it meant I didn't have to deal with him asking questions. I found the car keys because I wasn't sure if Clara would want to ride the motorcycle.

It took a minute to get used to the car before I left the garage. It didn't take me long to get to Clara's and I saw that she was standing outside. I got out of the car and she moved towards me.

"You look beautiful," I told her.

She smiled at me and I opened the car door for her and she got in.

"Where are we going?" she asked.

I didn't say anything to her and I could hear her sigh loudly. I smirked at her and started to drive. I hoped that she liked where we were going because it a little bit last minute because I only asked her this morning.

I stopped at a small restaurant. I liked it because the staff were really nice and it was full and noisy most of the time. Clara smiled when we walked in and got seated at a table. She asked me what was good and I just told her that everything was good.

We both ordered and started talking.

"What do you think of the dress that I'm wearing? I wasn't sure of the colour," she asked.

I looked at the dress and I stuttered. I wasn't sure what colour she was wearing. She looked at me and I knew that she was wondering what I was thinking.

"You are colour blind aren't you?" she asked.

"Red/green colour blind but yeah I am," I told her.

"I'm wearing red by the way."

"How did you figure it out? I don't tell anyone."

"It's not obvious but after the Bio test I knew something was wrong. I have to admit you keep it a secret well. I mean you only wear black, grey and white so it isn't obvious."

I smiled at her. I knew that she was smart but I didn't think that she would be able to figure it out.

"What is it like?" she asked.

"I've always been colour blind so I don't really know any other way. I just see a lot of yellows," I shrugged.

We moved on from talking about it and it was comfortable. We finished but I didn't want to go home yet so I took Clara to the cliff.

She looked a bit confused with where we were because no one came out here. I grabbed her hand and started to show her the path out to the cliff. It was silent out there and we both sat down with our feet hanging over the end.

"I come out here whenever I want to think and want silence," I said,

She smiled at me and rested her head on my shoulder.

"I feel honoured that you have brought me out here," she said.

We didn't talk much but it was nice to be out here with someone. It was really dark now and we both decided that we should both head home.

"I want to ride our motorcycle next time," she told me.

"Who told you there was going to a next time?" I teased.

"I hope that there will be next time," she said as I pulled into their driveway.

"I'll see you tomorrow," she said and kissed my cheek.

She turned away from me so she couldn't see how deep red I had turned. I backed out of the driveway and headed home.

......................................................................................................................................................................................................

Comment and Vote

The Wise One