Chapter XX

Chapter XX

"No, I don't think I will kiss you, although you need kissing, badly. That's what's wrong with you. You should be kissed often, and by someone who knows how."

-Gone with the Wind

Aristide exhaled slowly as he hugged the wall. The heat of Hell was intense. Honestly, he was surprised that Salvin, Draco, and Rayna were surviving the heat of it. Of course, they probably were just suppressing their complaints, due to the situation at hand.

Carefully, he peeled his wet back off the wall. It was wet from sweat, and he wasn't the only one. Salvin had a bit of perspiration dripping down his slightly defined jawline that was covered in the light beard he had going for him. Rayna's breath was heavier than usual, and he could see some sweat slipping down onto her chest and into her- Aristide blinked as he looked away from her.

Draco was the only one who looked like he was fine. Well, except for the layer of sweat that made his skin shine in the light from the fires that were in the torches they had set up around.

Mitchel sighed, his body free of sweat. Aristide pursed his lips. He was lucky, being an angel and all. The likelihood of him being seriously injured on this escapade was very unlikely. Sighing, Aristide looked at his friend in his angelic blue eyes. "So, ready to go?"

He nodded, his eyes shining with hope. Aristide felt the corners of his mouth tug into a smile. He really loved her.

Salvin clapped his hands together. "Okay, which way do we go?"

Suddenly, the pounding of feet came their way. Draco turned to them. "Hide!" He hissed.

They all hid behind either a column, a wall, or in Rayna's case, a torch due to her smaller size. Aristide noticed Draco standing there. "What are you doing, you-" Mitchel started.

A Demon stood there, a pout playing on his lips. "Awe, a poor little human that so happens to be able to resurrect Lucifer sitting here. We can use your blood instead of just that girl's."

Draco smirked as he crossed his arms on his chest. "Who are you? You seem very unimportant."

The Demon's face contoured into an angry glare. "My name is Ezekiel, and I am one of Lucifer's right hand men. I suggest you be nice to me, boy."

Draco shrugged. "Whatever."

Ezekiel grabbed Draco's arm and pulled him away, anger seething off of him. "The idiot!" Salvin growled under his breath as soon as they vanished.

Aristide, however, knew better. He grabbed the small device Draco had slipped him before jumping into the portal. The screen lit up upon pressing the button, and a small icon appeared. He pointed forward. "Follow me." He said.

Rayna hurried over to his side. "What is this?" She asked, staring at the device.

"Why, this is a tracking device." He answered, staring down at her.

Her eyes widened. "So Draco has a tagger on him?" Salvin asked as he came to Aristide's other side.

Aristide looked up at him. "Yes." He answered, slightly annoyed at his small size compared to the man in front of him. Even though they were roughly five inches apart, it still annoyed him.

Mitchel came up next to him, slinging an arm over his friend's shoulder. "Come on, let's hurry." He said, looking down only slightly to meet his eyes.

Rayna grumbled something under her breath. "What?" Salvin asked, looking at her.

"Why are you all so tall?"