Chapter XI

Chapter IX

"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life before."

-Winston S. Churchill

  Salvin huffed in annoyance as he glance out the motel window. Rayna was on the bed behind him, staring at the ground while Draco held the remote and shuffled through the various channels the motel had available. This was not how Salvin wished his life would go.

  After the party he took Miranda to, some black figures tried to kidnap them, but they ran away. They'd been living with one another for over a month now, cross crossing the country in attempts to keep them off their tail. However, about a week ago, they stopped attempting to find them.

  Rayna said it was good luck, but Draco mumbled about this having some sort of hidden meaning. Draco was an odd one. He believed that the figures were supernatural beings because he'd seen two of them with demon horns and the other performing magic. However, Rayna nor Salvin trusted him because he had been drunk off his ass that day.

  Draco groaned. "Where are we headed next?"

  "I dunno, what about St. Louis?" Rayna said, sarcasm lacing her words.

  Salvin chuckled lightly. "I think we would be able to head home now, don't you think?"

  Rayna shook her head. "I doubt it. What if they are waiting there? I mean, we all have family there, but we can't risk it."

  "You're right, Rayna." Draco hummed sadly to himself as he shuffled through five more channels.

  "Nothing's on, don't even bother." Salvin muttered as Draco cursed under his breath after going through another five channels.

  Rayna nodded. "Come on, we have to decide where to go next."

  After debating where to go, they decided someplace in Washington would be best. Rayna suggested finding a small town there, so research was their next option.

  Salvin sat in the library as he searched the internet for small towns. Rayna sat besides him, staring at her cuticles. Draco was on his other side, flipping through a book that talked about demons. Salvin wanted to snatch the book away, but that would probably cause a scene, something they didn't want.

  Suddenly, Salvin found just the town. "There is this place called La Conner. It's supposed to be a great place for a weekend get away." He said, practically dying about the fact he'd be able to rest up.

  Rayna nodded. "Sounds good."

  Draco mumbled something, but then nodded. "Sure, whatever floats your guys' boats."

  The group stood up, heading back to the motel to get ready to leave.

****

  Salvin sat at the wheel as they made their way to La Conner. They had been in Casper, Wyoming, so it would be a bit of a drive. Salvin glanced at Rayna, who was seated in the seat next to him. Draco was slouching in the seat directly behind him. He sighed as he looked back to the road. 

  Frowning, Salvin looked at the gray clouds beginning to blanket the sky. He exhaled sharply before looking back at the road in front of them. Rayna leaned forward as she looked at the clouds. "That's odd." She murmured. "There was nothing that said it would rain today."

  Draco looked up from his lap as he checked outside. "Looks pretty bad. Might even be a monsoon."

  Salvin chuckled lightly. "Did you know monsoon meant season? So whenever you say 'Monsoon Season', you're really saying 'Season Season'."