Chapter 5

I'm stuck in place under her gaze for a second. "Did you think I was here for a casual workout? There is no way I can afford a place like this," I chuckle.

"I see," she shakes her head, her fingers still on my chest. "I wasn't trying to offend you, Yael."

"I know."

Her eyes linger for a moment, her fingertips slowly moving from the logo to my name tag. I swallow, watching as a smirk forms on her lips. She seems amused, and I'm not sure what exactly has gotten her like this, but it's making me uneasy. I clear my throat. "Should we start then?"

I take a sip from my water bottle, leaning against the wall next to the treadmill, watching Eve run. Her ponytail swings back and forth with every step, her eyes focused on the screen in front of her. What a woman... what a woman indeed. There is no way I can fool her.

"You're staring," she says, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Sorry, I was distracted," I shake my head, pushing away from the wall. "How are you feeling?" I ask, glancing at her stats.

"Like I need to stop," she says, pressing the button to slow down.

"Why? You were doing great."

"You're a terrible liar, Yael."

"Why do you say my name like that?" I blurt out, handing her a towel.

"Like what?"

I shrug. "Say it."

"Yael," she complies, a small smile on her lips.

I shake my head. No, there is nothing wrong with the way she says it, and everything wrong with the way it makes me feel. "Never mind." She doesn't question it, accepting the water bottle I offer her. Watching her as she sits down on the floor. "Why are you sitting?"

"We've been working out for two hours straight now, I'm exhausted."

"What do you mean? We're just warming up."

"No," she raises her palm. "I'm not trying to pass some army fitness test, are you insane?"

"You need to stretch your muscles, or you'll get sore," I crouch down in front of her. "Here, let me help you."

"After watching you nearly break that woman's back, I think I prefer to stretch myself."

"Oh, come on, I promise I won't hurt you," I offer her my hands.

She hesitates for a second, letting out a sigh before accepting it. "If it hurts, I'm kicking you in the face."

"Fair," I nod, helping her up to her feet. She leans forward, stretching her back as I guide her through some exercises. "You're stiff," I comment. "But that's to be expected when you spend most of your time sitting down, Ms. Businesswoman."

"Well, not all of us can have such an active lifestyle, Ms. Bartender and personal trainer," she says, looking over her shoulder at me. "Is this good?"

I nod. "Yes," I say simply, feeling my heart race. She turns around, standing in front of me, forcing me to tilt my head slightly to look up at her. Her skin is glistening with sweat, a few locks of hair stuck to her face. And yet, she's beautiful. The most beautiful woman I've ever seen.

"Are we done?" she raises her eyebrows, placing a hand on her waist.

"Yeah," I say, feeling my throat dry. "It's gotten dark, let me walk you to your car."

"Don't bother, I'm sure you have more important things to do... I can ask my driver to get me at the door."

"I see," I nod. "It wouldn't be a bother, however."

"Another time, perhaps?"

I can't tell if she's being flirty or just polite. Or maybe she's playing with me, seeing how much she can mess with me. She knows, she has to. There is no other explanation as to why she's acting like this. "Sure," I smile politely.

"I'll see you Monday, then," she says, turning to leave.

"Do you have plans for this weekend?" I ask, not sure what possessed me to do it. She turns back to me, a brow raised.

"Why? Are you going to ask me on a date?"

"Maybe."

She seems to consider it for a moment, a smile forming on her lips. "You're interesting, Yael." She turns again, not saying anything else as she walks away.

I take a deep breath, pinching the bridge of my nose. Dig me a hole already. I don't have time for these games.

The hall is empty when I step out, save from a man in a black suit waiting by the door. Eve's driver, I suppose. He glances at me as I make my way to the front desk, his gaze is intense and unsettling.

"We need more towels in the gym area," I tell the boy in the counter. "Is anyone coming to restock or can I help myself into the supply storage?"

He looks at me, confused for a moment. "Uh, yeah, sure. I'll give you the key."

I grab the keys, just in time as Eve walks out of the locker room, the man quickly grabbing her bag for her. "Thank you, Shimon," she nods.

"Shall we go home, Ma'am?"

"Yes."

She glances at me for a moment, giving me a small smile before walking outside, he takes me in once again before following her.

That's definitely him.

I can tell a trooper when I see one. The way they hold themselves, the way they walk, the way they speak and even breathe. And that one was undoubtedly trained for more than just driving fancy cars around... That bastard found the tracker.

"Shimon Malamud," Yousef says, passing me a file. "Former Special Forces Captain under the command of the late Major Amitai Golan. Has 20 years under his belt, not to be played with."

"I see," I nod, looking through the files. "What's this?"

"His family."

"Why do we care?" I raise my eyebrows.

"They could be useful."

I sigh. "Let's not bring children into this mess."

"If it comes to that, we may have no other option... and in my opinion, we might as well get rid of him sooner than later. Hopefully be able to replace him with one of our own. Would make our job easier."

"He's the least of our concerns, Yousef. The job is to be done as quietly and smoothly as possible, as to not raise suspicion on our client. Don't you think that either killing or replacing her personal guard before her death would raise a million red flags?"

He hums, leaning back on his chair. "I guess you're right."

I close the file, taking a deep breath. "How's the mole inside the company doing?"

"Terribly."

"Great."

"The only intel we've managed to get is that she likes to order Jachnun nearly every day, no wonder she goes to the gym so often," he murmurs. "How ridiculous is that? The mole hasn't even been able to utter a word to her, what a waste of resources."

"The client is getting impatient... he should know his sister better than anyone to expect results this soon, but he can't seem to get that through his head, what an absolute pain."

"Do you think we'll get anything of substance out of that event this Sunday?"

"Hopefully," I shrug, eyeing him. "Excited?"

"Absolutely terrified."

As always, thanks for reading, please vote and drop a comment. It will help me a lot more than you might think.

Also, follow me on Twitter and Instagram: shayzayit

Hey guys, if you enjoy my content, please consider supporting what I do on Ko-fi.com/ShayZayit (link on my profile), not only will it give me the motivation to write and create more but it will also help me get my books physically published (these drafts will always stay on Inkitt and Wattpad for free