Chapter 22

Eve breathes softly in my neck, her arm wrapped around my waist as we lie together, tangled in the sheets of her bed. I trace small circles on her bare shoulder, my eyes focused on the ceiling of her bedroom. Her naked body is pressed against mine, and I can feel her heartbeat through her chest.

It's been a while since I've felt this way, and I hate myself for enjoying it, for allowing myself to feel something for Eve. I can't lose sight of my mission, I need to stay focused, yet I find myself wanting to be here with her, to spend more time with her, to touch her, to kiss her — to love her.

The thought alone sends chills down my spine.

Her grip around me tightens slightly in her sleep as she nestles closer into me, burying her face deeper in my neck. I close my eyes, trying to focus on my breathing, trying not to think about how good it feels to have her in my arms.

I'm not sure how long I lie there, holding her, listening to her breathe.

She looks peaceful, her expression calm, her long eyelashes brushing against her cheeks. Her lips are slightly parted, and her chest rises up and down with each breath she takes.

Her hair falls around her face in messy waves, framing her features perfectly.

I untangle myself from her gently, careful not to wake her up. The sun is still shining brightly outside, and the clock on her bedside table reads 3pm. I know that this isn't her main residence, but it doesn't hurt to take a look around. I silently put on my shirt, glancing over at Eve to see if she's still asleep, before tiptoeing out of the bedroom.

There are paintings on the walls of the hallway, abstract and neutral pieces of art. I walk down the hallway, looking into the rooms I pass by. I enter the living room, scanning my surroundings. No personal objects anywhere to be found.

I glance over my shoulder to make sure Eve hasn't woken up, before making my way to her kitchen, grabbing a glass of water before returning to the room. She's already sitting up on the bed, looking at me curiously as I make my way back to her. Telling me she probably woke up the moment I left the bed. Not a good thing.

I raise the cup up before setting it on the night stand. "I was feeling dry, I didn't mean to wake you up."

"I thought you were leaving," she says, letting her body fall down on the bed.

"With no pants on?" I raise my eyebrows, looking down at my bare legs. "That would be quite the walk of shame, plus I'm not the kind of person that sneaks out in the morning... or afternoon, I guess." She hums as I scoot over next to her on the bed. "Unless you want me to go."

There is a moment of silence before she shakes her head. "Is it a mission of yours to get me to say embarrassing things?"

"Is honesty embarrassing to you?"

"It's not about honesty, not everyone is as bold as you are."

I shrug. "I have nothing to lose."

Her eyes bore into mine, searching me. "What is that supposed to mean?"

"People avoid saying things when they're scared about the consequences of their words, of a reaction, rejection. I'm not, rejection doesn't scare me — regret does. Why must I regret not saying what I feel, when I have nothing to lose from it?"

I can tell she wasn't expecting this answer, her eyes widen slightly before she looks away from me. "I don't want you to leave," she mumbles, her voice barely above a whisper, and I can see a faint blush spread across her cheeks.

"Then I'll stay."

She looks at me again, and there is something in her gaze that makes me lean in and kiss her, brushing my lips against hers softly. She returns the kiss, her fingers tangling in my hair as she deepens the kiss. Our tongues meet in a slow dance, tasting each other.

My hands travel down her body, her skin burning under my touch. Her breathing quickens as I explore every inch of her with my fingertips, learning the curves of her body, memorizing every detail before she pulls me away, bringing me up to her face. "You haven't let me please you," she murmurs against my lips, her fingers tracing patterns on my thigh. "Why won't you let me?"

Because I'm afraid I'd enjoy it too much.

I bite my lip, looking into her eyes. "I prefer giving."

"Don't you want to be touched?"

"I'd rather touch you," I lie.

She sighs softly, her hand moving to cup my cheek, her thumb brushing across my lips. I can see the conflicting emotions flashing across her face as we stare at each other. Her eyes dart to my lips before she closes the distance between us, kissing me tenderly.

I let my fingers trail down her chest, teasing her nipples, making her moan into the kiss. Her hands wander up and down my body, sending shivers through my spine. We break apart for air, both panting heavily. I move my lips down to her neck, biting gently before sucking on her sensitive skin, making her gasp before she pulls me away once again just as her phone starts to ring.

She picks it up with shaky hands and a sigh. "Rena... no, I didn't forget. I'll meet you there," she says, holding her face with her hand, glancing at me.

I know Rena is her secretary, but it's Saturday afternoon, what could she possibly need Eve for? "A friend in need?" I ask after she hangs up.

"I have a plane to catch later today, for work, completely forgot about that," she murmurs, getting up from the bed and making her way to the bathroom.

"On a weekend?" I raise my eyebrows, following her.

"Are you surprised?" she asks, turning on the water in the shower, turning to face me as the room fills with steam. "Work never ends."

"Will you be gone for long?" I ask, stepping inside the shower with her, my arms lacing around her torso, hugging her from the back.

She shakes her head, one of her hands finding their way to my hair as I kiss her shoulder. "I'll be back Monday morning."

"And when do I get to see you again?" I mumble into her skin, running my fingers down her stomach, feeling her shudder under my touch.

"At our Monday training session, you're still my instructor."

I hum. "You know I don't mean it like that," I whisper into her ear, letting my fingers slide between her legs. She gasps softly as they find her sensitive flesh.

"Yael," she breathes out. "I can't be late."

I feel her body tense against mine as I pull my fingers away, running them up her body before stepping away. She turns to look at me, her eyes filled with lust, but she stops herself from pulling me back in.

Shimon's eyes are stuck on me as he watches Eve and I approach him at the entrance to the apartment building. He doesn't seem particularly pleased seeing me. "Good afternoon, Ms Blau, Ms Hanani," he greets us, opening the door for Eve.

"Good afternoon, Shimon," Eve greets him before looking back at me. "Monday?"

I nod. "Monday."

I watch her enter the car, waiting until they drive off before heading home. I wonder if Shimon is also going. If he isn't, this is the perfect opportunity to get rid of him for good. He seems eerily suspicious of me, I can't afford to have someone like him around Eve.

As always, thanks for reading, please vote and drop a comment. It will help me a lot more than you might think.

Also, follow me on Twitter and Instagram: shayzayit

Hey guys, if you enjoy my content, please consider supporting what I do on (link on my profile), not only will it give me the motivation to write and create more, but it will also help me get my books physically published (these drafts will always stay on Inkitt and Wattpad for free)