Chapter Fifteen.

Blaze's POV.

My dad. Maddox Harper.

I remember when he left in the middle of the night and didn't come back. I remember begging my mum to change my last name to hers so wouldn't have to be reminded of him.

And how can he not know my mum died or the cheek of it to come here and see how we are.

When my nan was reading out his profile of the Internet and said he had two children or a whole fucking family. I just didn't know what to feel. I felt numb and so fucking pissed.

Whenever Levi would touch me it would sent jolts of electricity and warmth wherever he touched. My belly would become all jittery and make me feel sick. I don't know why I'm feeling like this. I love being in his arms, they remind me of when my mum would hold me. Feeling safe and secure.

"Come Blaze, put your coat on love." Levi said holding my coat out.

The hospital ran some test and said I had a bunch of things wrong but they gave a me a few pills.

I slid my arms into the coat and he zipped it up.  I was still a bit groggy from the sedative they gave me.

"Let's go kiddy winks." My nan popped her head in. "Papers are signed and what not."

I nodded and planted my feet on the floor. I linked my arm with Levi's and walked to the door.

"Do people at school know?" I asked.

"Yeah." Levi gave me a tight smile.

"Okay." That was one thing I didn't want was for people to find out about me in hospital.

Levi had some new bruises but I knew were they were from.

We all got in the car and Dave in the driving seat. He has really been kind these days especially with my nan. Man old love. I looked at Levi and giggled he looked ridiculous in this small car.

He belongs in a big car like a Range Rover or something wearing a suit. Oh god.

"Your blushing." Levi pointed to my cheeks.

"No I'm not." I smacked his hand away.

"Yeah you are dear." My nan turned around in her seat to face us.

"No I'm not." I covered my face with my cheeks.

"Dear we can see it going down your neck and to your ears. My granddaughter has a dirty mind." She tutted and turned back around.

Levi was covering his laugh with a cough thinking I didn't hear him. I turned and glared at him.

Soon enough we arrived at home. Me and Levi went straight up to our room not before nan shouting up about leaving the door open and something about sexual encounters.

I was laying on the bed next to Levi. We weren't touching but we were close enough I could feel his body heat.

"I've never been to your house." I said.

"I live by myself in an apartment." He replied in his husky voice.

"Oh." I wanted to asked more about it but didn't want to push it.

"You ask want you want Blaze." As if he read my mind.

"Where are you parents?" I blurted out.

"Mum ran away leaving me with my abusive father until I beat him into a coma and ran away to here." He said so casually.

"I'm sorry." I frowned reaching over to grabbed his hand.

"Don't worry Blaze I'm here now."

I feel invisible sometimes, i look at myself and there's nothing there

- mark haddon, the red house