Chapter Three.

Blaze's POV.

"Mum stop singing people can hear you!" I shouted over the music to my mum sitting in the driver's seat to her Audi.

"THAT WHAT MAKES YOU BEAUTIFUL!" My mum shouted and pointed a finger at me.

I sat there laughing at her. "Mum just stop please." I groaned. She looked at me and smiled, I gave her a smile back.

As she turned to face the front again all was heard was horn beeping and a loud sound.

"BLAZE BLAZE!" I heard my name being screamed but I couldn't register any of it. "BLAZE GET OUT OFF THE CAR!" The person screamed.

All I heard was buzzing and someone trickling down my forehead. I lifted my hand up and touch were I felt the wet sticky stuff coming from. I brought my hand down and saw it was blood. "Ow." I whispered.

I remembered I was in the car with my mum and I turned my head to see her dangling down looking at me with her mouth moving. "BLAZE BLAZE PLEASE." I finally heard her voice.

She had her seat belt holding her but something was stuck in her stomach. I saw her whole face covered in blood.

I unbuckled my seat belt and dropped to the floor. I saw the broken window and crawled out. I felt the shards of glass stabbing me in my skin from crawling. I ran around to my mum's side and punched the window open.

"B-Blaze i-I love you." She touched my keep.

I ignored her and tried to undo her seat belt but it was stuck. I crawled back out and started screaming for help but the car blew up. The explosion blasted me backwards hitting the ground. I watched my mum screaming for help and I couldn't do anything.

"MUM!" I tried running but someone held me back. "NO LET ME GO! MUM PLEASE. MUM!" I was screaming, struggling in the persons arm.

I sat up in the bed gasping for air, I looked around the dark room and saw I was in my room on the bed not at the accident. I felt tears trail down my face.

I buried my face in my hands. "I could off saved her." I muttered to myself. "I should off just listen to her singing." I gripped my hair in my hands and brought my knees up to my chest. "It's all my fault."

I threw the covers of my body and walked to the bathroom, I opened the draw and lifted some cream up and saw the familiar piece of metal staring at me. I picked it up and sat on the floor resting against the bath. I slowly rolled down the sleeves of my long t-shirt I was wearing.

I took in and breathe and placed the metal blade on my skin. I slowly dragged it across my skin. Once, twice, thrice. I dragged it across my skin several more times. I watched the blood come up to the surface and watched it slowly drip down my arm. 

I felt more tears roll down my face, not from the pain but for the loss of my mum.

When we love, we always strive to become better than we are. When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.

- Paulo Coelho