The Voice of the Soul Part 14

Encore

Three Years Later

The Green room was called that, no matter where they played, in every single venue from the smallest of pubs (and they'd done their fair share of bar hopping but the band version), to the massive stadium they were going to be playing at tonight.

The Untamed had rocked the world with their legendary nubie song coming out of nowhere and hitting the music chart at #1. It stayed there for eight weeks, and that by itself was no small achievement, but then it fluctuated between another #1 song by the same band, and that in turn, was beaten by the band's third song off the same album.

The world was going nuts over this seemingly unknown band that had launched themselves into the stratosphere with hit after hit, their fans known for ruthlessly going after every single naysayer with a vengeance and then finally, the Untamed broke the Internet.

Servers were going wild trying to keep up with the demand, and FrostBite Records had to move into larger offices. There was a line of people after each band member for promotions, sponsorship deals and advertising, and for that first year, the whole band worked hard.

They had to prove it to their families after all, that this was what they wanted to do.

The venues kept getting bigger and bigger, and they kept accepting gigs as the supporting band of better known, bigger bands, until at one concert, there was a sea of red and green to support the Untamed, and then as soon as they finished playing, more than half of the audience walked out because they had seen who they came to see.

Wei Ying had felt bad about that and tweeted his response by saying in a public message, "All artists should be given the respect they have earned by committing to perform. Any audience needs to stay to show their support because it's a symbiotic relationship. An audience could not exist without the artist and vice versa."

That tweet went viral and countless interviews fed off it, which led to their first ever stadium tour in their second year.

Xiao XingChen and Song Lan were making a fair bit of money by now and hiring more staff, representing more bands and becoming a global name.

At the end of that massive two hundred venue stadium tour around the world, the news about Wen Ruohan went public, and all his dirty linen was shown to the world in an expose that rivalled WaterGate.

The band went on a well earned break and waited for the water to pass under the bridge, and then Xiao XingChen convinced Wei Ying and Lan Zhan to go public about it and make a press statement.

There was a worldwide outcry at huge corporations and untrustworthy contract dealings, and how the wealthy overcame those who were desperate and in need of help.

Luckily, FrostBite already had a charity set up, promoting songwriting and the training of new and upcoming singers and songwriters, and they had never stopped hosting the songwriting camp.

Wei Ying and Lan Zhan discovered that they could raise a phenomenal amount of money for charity and made FrostBite pencil in at least a few surprise concerts in a year dedicated to this. Tickets were auctioned off with stellar results.

Tonight was the last concert they were performing before a greatly deserved break where Wei Ying had promised not to even look at Chenqing for a whole week. (Lan Zhan had pushed for two weeks and Wei Ying told him to be realistic.)

As a band, and really, it was a found family, they learned how to exist together as one, through all the creative outbursts and outpouring of genius, through all of the arguments that made them stronger as a unit, and the respecting of people's space when they needed it.