Crumbs And A Little Bit Of Icing

Part 8 of A Piece Of Cake (Extra)

Wei Ying keeps looking at the ring on his finger and smiling that little bit more.

This past week has been a whirlwind of emotions for him, from thinking Lan Zhan didn't want anything more to do with him, to being paid a million dollars for a single dance (!squealing!), to now.

They're actually married.

With a certificate to prove it.

Lan Zhan already said that he's going to frame it, because it's proof that Wei Ying is his.

Wei Ying looks over to Lan Zhan's hand resting on the steering wheel. The gold band twinkles and shines in the morning sun, and Wei Ying blurts out the first thing that comes to his mind.

"We should get cake."

Lan Zhan immediately changes direction to pull up outside Wei Ying's favourite bakery. They hold hands going in, and Wei Ying is still dazed about all of this. It's like his whole life was off kilter all this time, and suddenly, it's tilted back into place and everything is alright again.

"You didn't even think about it," Wei Ying says, reaching up to kiss Lan Zhan's cheek.

"Ask me anything and see if I deny you." Lan Zhan pushes open the door and pulls him in, while Wei Ying is still complaining about his fragile heart, face rosier than a peach mochi.

"What cakes do you have ready to purchase?" Lan Zhan asks the sales assistant behind the counter.

"How big?"

"Enough for six people?" Wei Ying jumps in.

The lady points at two possible alternatives. "Vanilla sponge and red velvet."

"Vanilla sponge," they both say together, and then they're sharing the sweetest secret smile.

"You want me to write anything on that, hun?" She asks, snapping gum in her mouth.

"Er...how about congratulations?" Wei Ying hopes that's enough.

His nerves start climbing as the lady takes the cake into the back to write their message on it.

What if Jiang YanLi gets angry with him, or worse, disappointed? Jiang Cheng is going to be angry no matter what, but then, what about Lan Zhan's brother? What will XiChen-Ge say about it?

Wei Ying unintentionally squeezes Lan Zhan's hand, and he intentionally squeezes back.

"Mn?"

"Um...so we've single-handedly managed to piss off both of our families."

"Mn."

"And you're not worried?"

"Not really. They can deal with it. This is for us." Lan Zhan takes his hand and brings the back of it to his lips. "And I would do it again, exactly the same way."

"Wow..." Wei Ying shivers, thinking about saying those same words to his family.

He'll be lucky to be able to walk afterwards.

The lady comes back with their cake and Lan Zhan whips out his black card faster than Wei Ying can blink. He makes sure they reach their car safely, and once Wei Ying is sitting down in the passenger seat, he gives him the box to look after.

The ride back home is a blur.

Wei Ying is full on panicking when they park next to the purple Porsche. Lan Zhan takes one look at his face and takes the cake box out of his hands, pulls him up in one smooth motion, puts the cake box on the seat and cages Wei Ying against his car, effectively trapping him.