39| Confrontation

I decided to have a conversation with Aiden, hoping to appeal to his sense of decency and responsibility

As I approached, I noticed him surrounded by his peers, exuding an air of confidence that bordered on arrogance.

"Hey, Aiden," I called out, my voice steady despite the rising tension.

He turned to face me, a smirk playing on his lips. "What do you want, Grayson?" he replied casually, his tone dismissive.

I took a deep breath, refusing to be deterred by his attitude. "I want to talk to you about what happened between you and Kiara," I said firmly.

Aiden's smirk faltered slightly, but he quickly regained his composure. "Oh, that? Look, man, it was nothing. Just a little misunderstanding," he replied nonchalantly.

My eyes narrowed, my patience wearing thin. "A misunderstanding?" I echoed. "Aiden, you need to understand that your actions were completely unacceptable. Kiara deserves respect, and you crossed a line."

Aidens' demeanor shifted, his expression turning defensive. "Oh, come on, Grayson. Don't act like you're her knight in shining armor," he retorted, a hint of mockery in his voice. "Kiara's a big girl. She can handle herself."

My jaw clenched, my frustration bubbling to the surface. "That's not the point, Aiden," I snapped, struggling to maintain my composure. "No one deserves to be treated the way you treated her. You need to take responsibility for your actions."

Aiden's friends exchanged uneasy glances, sensing the tension between us. But Aiden remained defiant, refusing to acknowledge the gravity of his behavior.

"You don't know anything, Grayson," He shot back, his tone laced with arrogance. "Stay out of it."

I took a step closer, my voice low and intense. "I'm not going to stand by while you disrespect Kiara or anyone else with the fucked up things you did," I said firmly. "You need to change your attitude and start showing some decency."

His eyes narrowed, his ego wounded by my words. "Whatever, man," he muttered dismissively, making an effort to walk away from me.

As he attempted to walk away from oir conversation, my resolve hardened. I stepped purposefully in front of Aiden, blocking his path with determined in my eyes and a firm stance.

"Listen to me and listen fucking hard," I said, my voice carrying a tone of seriousness.

"I need you to understand something very clearly. You are not to go near Kiara or bother her in any way. What you did was unacceptable, and I won't hesitate to intervene if you disregard this warning."

His expression shifted from arrogance to defiance, his jaw tightening as he met my unwavering gaze. "Who do you think you are, Grayson?" Jake retorted, his voice tinged with hostility. "You can't tell me what to do."

I continued holding my ground.

"I'm someone who cares about Kiara's well-being," I replied firmly. "And I won't fucking stand by while you continue to disrespect her or make her feel unsafe."

He scoffed, his arrogance faltering slightly under my stare. "You're just her new boyfriend, trying to play the hero," he muttered, a hint of bitterness in his tone.

"This has nothing to do with that," I shot back, my voice tinged with frustration. "This is about basic respect and decency. Kiara deserves better, and I won't let you or anyone else make her feel otherwise. So to summarize on what I mean, ypu fucking go near her, I Fucking dare you, you'll deal with me and it won't be a pleasing time for you. And if you do it behind my back, I'll know and make sure I don't fund out, because I will fuckingbloose my cool with you."

For a moment, Jake seemed taken aback by my words. The tension between us crackled in the air as we stood face to face, neither backing down.

"And what makes me think you'll be able to hurt me?"

"You want to know what makes me capable of making you regret your actions?" I replied, my voice calm yet filled with conviction. "I don't need to prove anything to you. But if you ever cross that line again, you'll find out exactly why I'm standing here telling you this."

My eyes held Aiden's gaze, the weight of my determination evident in my demeanor. Aiden, though still defiant, seemed to register the seriousness in my tone.

As Grayson's words hung in the air, Aiden's expression shifted from defiance to a hint of uncertainty. The intensity in Grayson's eyes and the firmness in his voice left Aiden momentarily taken aback.

"You think you're tough, Grayson?" Aiden retorted, trying to regain his composure. "You're just a wannabe hero. Kiara doesn't need your protection."

I stood his ground, unmoved by Aiden's attempt to provoke me further. "I'm not here to argue with you, Aiden," I replied evenly. "I'm here to make it clear that if you ever disrespect her again, there will be consequences."

He scoffed, but the tension between us was palpable. My words seemed to hit a nerve, and Aiden's friends shifted uncomfortably in the background, sensing the escalating confrontation.

"Fine," Aiden finally muttered, his tone defiant but less assured. "Do whatever you want. But stay out of my business."

"Consider this a warning," I said firmly before turning away, signaling the end of the confrontation.

As I walked away, my mind buzzed with mixed emotions—relief that I made things clear with Aiden,

I knew this confrontation might not be the end of the matter, but I was determined to protect Kiara from any further mistreatment

__