06| Pool

I'm sitting outside on a hanging chair in the shade reading a book, with the sound of the water fountain pouring into the pool making it evenbetter

I'm finishing up a novel I started on the plane and boy did it make me cry when we were on the plane.

I just hope there aren't any more heartbreaking scenes, because I can't handle anymore of it.

Because let me tell you the amount of times I've cried in this book is crazy, it's not even funny at this point.

I spent half of the plane ride crying. My mom was comforting me and Jayden had a tight lipped smiled, to contain his laughter but failed holding it in no longer than a couple seconds.

My eyes were swollen, puffy, red and had a terrible runny noise. I literally couldn't breath that well.

I felt sick. Mentally and physically.

It's been two days since we've arrived here and it's actually pretty nice.

I still do miss the old house, but not as much as I thought I would.

It's always gonna have a special place in my heart and theres no house thats gonna replce it.

I've done some exploring and I kept gasping at the many things I saw.

A pool with a hot tub, that has lights and they switch on at night and are able to change the colour.

A bon fire outdoor seating area. A game room with some claw machines, basketball game thing, PS and a karaoke machine.

Movie theater that already has snacks organised in the drawers, slushy and popcorn machine.

The backyard of the house overlooks the beach.

I actually can't wait to stay here for I don't know for how long it is, but I think this might actually be fun here in California

Just maybe.

"Kiara!" I hear Jayden yelling my name from inside.

"What?!" I yell back not daring to take my eyes off the novel as drama and betrayal starts to unfold.

"Did you take my Essentials hoodie?!"

"No I didn't!"

Okay, so maybe I did, but it's so nice, comfortable and I mean *hair flip* it looks better on me.

"Kie I swear if you have it, oh so God help me!"

I mean should I give it back? Yes. But will I? No. And do I still want it? Yes. So am I keeping it? Yes definitely. 100%.

I know not to mess with Jayden clothes, because he's told me time and time to not take them.

But me being the amazing sister I am did I listen? No.

Jayden loves his clothes. He cares about them like they are his own children.

I hear the sliding door open and foot steps approach me from behind. I already know its him.

He walks around and is now standing in front of me. It's only now I realise I am wearing his hoodie.

Damn it Kiara!

The only thing I do is look up at him with an innocent smile and I immediately regret looking at him. He looks mad yet unfazed.

"Kiara your wearing it." He says. I look up at him and instantly regret it, again.

"Take it off or I swear I won't hesitate to pick you up right now and throw you right into that pool." He says through gritted teeth.

I kiss my teeth, look at him for a second and focus my attention back on the novel.

All of a sudden I'm being picked up and before I could protest, I'm thrown into the pool.

I swim to the surface. I slightly smirk when an idea pops up into my head.

I swim to the edge and put my hand out for him to help me and him being a dumbass, he takes it and I pull him into the pool.

He lands face forward.

I make a yikes face as I hear a slap like sound.

I know that hurt.

While containing my laugh, his head comes out the water, a sly grin makes its way onto my lips.

"You like that?" I teased.

"I hate you." He said. He runs his hands through his hair, making it sleek back.

"Oh I know, brother. I know." I say. He rolls his eyes and starts making his way out. He's mad and annoyed all at the same time.

I follow behind him, but push him inside again, only this time he holds onto me and I end up going in with him.

We both start drowning each other for what reason? I don't know?

"Ja—" he pushes me under. I come up again. "Jayden—" he goes one more time and removes his hands from my shoulders.

As I come back to the surface I see he has a sly grin on his lips.

"You like that?" He says throwing my words back at me.

I roll my eyes and get out the pool.

Once we're out we squeeze as much water from our clothes.

We head inside and as we were about to reach the stairs we're met with our parents entering the front door.

They went shopping for the house about an two hours ago, so they've finally returned. I don't know what they got, but it looks like a lot of stuff.

"Hey." Mom says trailing it out.

We smile.

They look at us in confusion, taking in what they've just walked in on.

"Not even gonna ask what you two were doing." Mom says being so done with us.

We nod, and continue our journey up the stairs, but we're stopped by dads voice.

"Can you come down and help once you've gotten whatever you guys just did done with?"

"Okay:"

"Yeah, sure."

We make it upstairs and are now both standing in front of our doors. I was about to open it, but Jayden decides to speak.

"Your giving me back my hoodie, now." He says, empathising the 'my'.

"Whatever." I step into my room closing the door behind me.

"I'm serious Kie!" He shouts.

"Okay fine, I'll give it back to you!"

"Now!"

"Damn it Jayden. I'll fucking give it back later." And just like that I end the conversation, by walking I to my room.

__