Time

<><><><><><><><><><>

A day later Emily let me know that Charlie and Vaggie are coming to Heaven. Looks like Luci got her that meeting after all.
Because of the meeting however, it's too risky to send me to Hell. Emily might get caught and someone might notice I'm gone.

As hours pass on I patiently wait in my cell... by pacing around.

What's taking them so long?

Maybe Charlie managed to convince them and they're calling off the whole extermination right now.

I hear a door open and immediately rush to mine. But it's not Emily.

"Adam."

"Winnie."

"Here to gloat I presume?"
"You know me too well. Just wanted to come by and tell you the latest. Umm let's see your daughter failed her little experiment, next extermination is in a month, we're hitting that fuck ass hotel first, and uh what am I forgetting... oh yeah! You've been sentenced to death."

...

"WHAT?!"

"Oh yeah it's exciting I know. Well, at least for me it is. Must be a bitch for you though."
"Why now have they decided to kill me? I thought I was supposed to just suffer alone in here till the end of time?"
"Yeahhh well ya see I might've convinced them that you're too much of a burden to just keep around. Besides no one knows you're here other than the important people. So it's not like the other residents of Heaven will see."
"What do you mean they won't 'see'?"

"Story is gonna be that you escaped somehow, went down to Hell to see your family, yadda yadda sappy shit, aaand you got caught in the crossfire and was slain by an exorcist. What's really gonna happen is I'm gonna go down there to kill your daughter and her little bitchy friends, come back here to gloat in your face, and then kill you."

"You're really gonna kill me? After all we've been through?"

"We haven't been through shit. I tried to be friends with you, genuinely. But all you wanted was to fuck around with a dickhead prick. It's your loss babe, not mine."

"I doubt it."

"You're gonna lose that tone once I come back here. Cause the next time I do, it'll be to end your fucking existence. Later bitch."

He leaves.

I slump to the floor.

Emily where are you?!

I need to get to Charlie. I need to help her. There's still so many things I want to tell her. Lucifer too.

"Elowyn!"

I shoot up, "Emily!"

"It's Charlie, she-"
"I know. Adam was in here before you. Emily I need to get to my daughter, now."
She nods, not wanting to protest, and opens another portal. "Be careful."

"I always am."

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

The hotel is unusually quiet. "Hello?"
"We're over here."
I follow the sound of Angel's voice and find everyone, minus Charlie and Alastor, in the lobby. "What's going on?"

"We all just discovered Vaggie over here is actually an angel." Husk keeps it simple.

"Oh." I look at Vaggie and her expression is all I need to see to know it didn't go well.
Suddenly veins of neon green light up the ceiling and the lights flicker.
"Oh no," Vaggie runs up the stairs and everyone looks worried.
"What's happening?"
"Alastor just made a deal. With Charlie." Husk wears an expression of a mix of disappointment and concern.

Charlie and Alastor come rushing down the stairs but I manage to stop her before they can leave. "Charlie!"
"Elle?"
"I need to talk to you. We have... things to... discuss."
"I promise we will but I need to go right now. Alastor has a plan that could save the hotel. We'll talk once we get back."
With the final word, she turns and leaves with Alastor.

Then in that case, there's another Morningstar I need to visit.

It's almost like Nelson saw me coming a mile away because the door opened before I could even knock.
"It's lovely to see you again miss Elowyn, my Queen." He takes a small bow.
"I must say I missed you too Nelson. And please, no bowing. We talked about this." I send him a wink as I pass by him, walking inside.

I know these halls. I know these stairs.

I didn't really have time to take it all in before. Course my vision was blurry then too.
My legs take me straight to his workshop.

Knocking on the door I hear a soft but stern 'come in'. Taking a deep breath I open the door... and there are ducks?

Everywhere.

Rubber ducks of all different kinds fill the room. Looking around with wide eyes I spot my love at his workstation.

"So much for a 'small fixation'." I laugh.

He immediately turns at the sound of my voice. A smile I missed dearly appears.
"Ellie, I wasn't expecting you... for once."

I chuckle at the memories of our first encounters. "I was rather persistent back in the day."

"It seems you still are from the sound of it."

I laugh again but my smile slowly fades as I remember what I'm here to talk about.
"Luci, I need to tell you something."

The concern on my face brings worry to his. He rushes over and takes my hands in his own. "What is it my dear?"

I tell him everything Adam said. Leaving out the part where I 'left him for Lucifer'. By the end of it, I can tell he's pissed.

"That tacky piece of- what makes them think they can just- how does no one see anything wrong with this?!"

"Lucifer," I squeeze his hands making him focus back on me. "I'm going to help Charlie fight this."
"No. You can't I- I won't allow it."
"Darling I can't just stand back and do nothing!"
"If you go over there during the battle then what Adam said is exactly what will happen and I can't... I can't lose you again..."

"Luci," holding his cheek he nudges into my hand. "You won't lose me again. I'll make sure of that. How about this. I still need to talk to Charlie. If she wants help then there's nothing you can do to stop me. But if she wants to do this on her own, then I'll stay out of the way."

"She's a tough girl. Just like her mom."

"She's also very prideful. Just like her dad."

We smile at each other before falling into a long overdue embrace.

We stay like that for a while. Just holding each other. Pulling away, Lucifer instantly pulls me back in... into a passionate kiss.

It's the most perfect kiss in all of history.

He runs his fingers through my hair. I run mine through his. We've been deprived of each other for so long it's hard to not completely lose control.

Breathing heavily after eventually pulling away, Lucifer touches his forehead to mine. "I love you Elowyn. I always will."

"I love you Lucifer. To the end of time."