Years

<><><><><><><><><><>

Elowyn's pov

Knowing the laws of Heaven can come in handy, especially when you're the one on trial... basically representing yourself. Standing in the middle of the council room instead of up on the balcony with Sera is a different feeling I never want to experience again. I'm avoiding eye contact, she's searching for it.

With a sigh she starts the trial. "Today we begin the long overdue trial of Elowyn, for the charge of coercing with Lucifer Morningstar and discretely traveling to Hell. How does the defendant plead?"
Guess that's my cue.

"Guilty."

Sera's eyes cast down at the confession and her shoulders slump in disappointment. "Then I deem the punishment-"
"But I'm not sorry for it. All I wanted was to know why an angel, not even just an angel a son of God, was cast out of Heaven for simply having dreams of his own. Why no one will talk about it. Why none of you seem to know the specific reason. What about his ideas made everyone think he was so evil they-"
"Enough!"

Sera slams her hands on the bench and stands. "Your punishment will be to remain here in Heaven in captivity. Your position of being a trainee Seraphim will be revoked along with your powers. Be grateful we're letting you keep your wings... and your life."

I take a step back with a shocked look on my face.

"Taker her away. We're done here."
Two angels come in to lead me out of the council room. And this time, I don't break eye contact with Sera until she's out of sight.

I'm thrown into a cell and grunt as I hit the ground. My hands have been bound since I was brought to Heaven and it appears they're not coming off anytime soon.
This place is heavily hidden from other residents of Heaven, and for good reason. The people that get put down here are ones who God has a bone to pick with, but they don't want another fallen angel.

Exhibit A.

There's hardly any light down here. Maybe it's their own version of Hell.
Or purgatory.
Grey stone walls, a door with a barred window, and a barren room.
I try to use my powers to open a portal but it seems those have already been taken away from me. Feeling defeated, I slump into a corner and wrap my wings around my body.

"That looks uncomfortable."

I look up to the door and see Adam on the other side. I scoff. "What do you want?"

"I want to know if you regret it? Knowing your actions caused these consequences?"

"Do I regret meeting the two most important people in my life? Not a fucking chance."

He scoffs. "Dumb bitch." He turns to walk away but then stops. "Oh and don't worry about your precious daughter. I'll make sure to keep you updated on her... situation." He smirks and walks away.

Rage overcomes me as I shoot up and sprint to the door, grabbing the bars.
"You bastard!"

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Years.

19 to be exact.

I've been in here for 19 years.

I haven't seen my reflection in a while but I know I've seen better days. Still in my white boots and dress, which is a bit dirtied and tattered now.

Sera and Adam stop by, for different reasons of course.
Sera will genuinely check up on me. Not that I really care that much. It's not like she was basically a mother figure to me only for her to sentence me to this!

Adam likes to pester me. Less than before but more... tortuous. Agonizing. He's made sure to let me know how the exterminations have been going. Having to hear how my daughter is growing up without her biological mother by her side can drive you insane.

Especially when you hear you've been replaced.

Apparently Lucifer made Lilith queen and she raises Charlotte as her own.

Guess that answers my question of whether he still loved me or not.
I suppose I can't really blame him. It has been a long time. But I never stopped loving him, and I never will.

"Hello?"

I perked my head up at the sound. "Who's there?"

"Hello? Is there someone in here?"

I stand and walk over to the barred window on the door. "Over here!"

A girl steps into view. A young woman who appears to be around the same age that Charlotte would be now.
"Who are you?"

"My name is Emily. Why are you down here?"
"I'm Elowyn, and I was sentenced to be down here for the rest of my existence."
"Wait, Elowyn? Weren't you in training to be a Seraphim?"
"I was, once..."
"I'm a Seraphim myself! Sera is my mentor. I watched her come down here one day and got curious."

A Seraphim trainee?! She could be my ticket out of here!
"Emily please you have to listen to me. Have you learned how to use your powers? Can you open a portal in here?"

She takes a small step back, most likely in fear of my desperate tone.
"I- I don't know if I can."
"Please Emily. I have a hus- a man I love deeply and my daughter to get back to. I haven't seen them in so long. They probably think I'm dead by now..."

Emily nervously fiddles with her hands and looks around for a second. Before taking a deep breath, "Okay, I'll help you. BUT this needs to be quick. In and out."

Hmm, where have I heard that before.

"Just an hour or two with my daughter, please. Then when you open the portal again I promise I'll come back."
Emily nods and holds her hands out in front of her. A second later a portal to Hell appears in front of me.
"Thank you. Be right back," I nod to Emily... and step through.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Yes I am aware that Charlie is 200 years old but we're gonna go by 'human years' so she's 20 and it hasn't been over a century :D