Chapter 2

"Welcome to Mc Donalds, how can I help you today?" Ishan asked, not even looking up at the customer as he was busy entering the details of the last order.

Their machine got broken again and he had to manually punch all the details in tab.

"Well, it depends. Are you on the menu, sir?" a familiar voice teased. Ishan looked up to see his girlfriend standing there with a smile.

"Only for VIP customers like you," he joked, tip toing a bit and leaning over the counter to kiss her cheek.

"What are you doing here?" he asked, glancing around to see if there were any other customers waiting in line or not.

"Just wanted to pick you up. Dad wants to talk to you tonight, remember?" Aditi explained.

"I was going to come after my shift. There's still half an hour left," Ishan said.

"Dad came to pick you up himself. He's in the car," Aditi mentioned.

"But I'm still in my work clothes. I wanted to go home and freshen up before meeting him. I can't face him looking like this," Ishan protested.

"You look hot in anything, babe," Aditi assured him.

"I still want to look presentable," Ishan insisted.

"Don't worry, you look good. Stop procrastinating," Aditi encouraged.

"I don't want to show up like this in front of Uncle," Ishan sighed.

"My dad won't care about that, Ishu. But if it makes you feel better, I can tell him to go back," Aditi offered.

"No, that would be rude," Ishan declined.

"Then what do you want to do?" Aditi asked.

Her boyfriend can be more complicated than the girls at times.

"Ugh I will ask someone to take over the shift as there are not much customers anyway. Wait for just 5 mins." Ishan said quickly going inside the staff lounge.

Aditi hummed looking around. This branch of Mc Donalds was pretty decent but the pay wasn't great.

She knew because she had noticed Ishan taking on extra part time work during the holidays.

Aditi wanted to help him but Ishan never let her, even when he was short in cash he never let Aditi know.

He always refused her offers, telling her he is fine when in reality he wasn't.  That's why she always tried to do a little  get together so that she can make sure he was well fed atleast.

Ishan know the reason why on every weekend her family called him over but  he never declined. He doesn't want to be rude to the people who treat him so well after all.

Even though they were such big businessman but they never voiced out any complaints regarding his background. They treated him like their own son infact, giving him equal importance like their own son Yash.

Yash also treated Ishan as his own younger sibling, he was a pilot and whenever he will come back from a country he will bring gifts for Ishan just like how he will bring for his sister and parents.

All in all they were the best family Ishan could ever ask for.

While emerging out of the staff lounge dressed in his usual clothes Ishan gave a nervous smile to Aditi who was waiting so patiently for him.

"Stop making that face otherwise you will get early wrinkles, and I don't want  to look like I am dating a grandpa." She snorted patting his back.

"Well you are stuck with this grandpa now." Ishan chuckled.