35

"Alycia, please.. They literally just said it's for observation-"

"Y/n, you are staying until the doctor discharges you. Period."

I slumped into the bed, dropping my face into my hands, and she let out a breathy laugh, before I felt her soft hand slip into the back of my gown, causing my eyes to lift. She tilted her head at me, her soft, puppy-dog eyes making it impossible to be frustrated with her.

In a way she was right, I did just have a pretty decent head injury and my stomach and back are ripped to shreds, but I've been through worse, I'm pretty sure.

I mean, I went home a couple days after a gunshot wound.. This should be nothing.

But nope, after last time, there was no way she was letting me sign out until the doctor cleared me, so I was stuck.

Her fingers traced the slashes on my back, sending shivers down my spine. It hurt slightly, but something about her touch on my skin, made all the pain go away like magic. I let my eyes close as her fingers continued their trail, and I heard her let out another small laugh.

"What?" I giggled, keeping my eyes closed.

"Does that feel good?"

Her voice was soothing to my ears, giving me goosebumps, and something about the way it sounded made my stomach twirl with butterflies, putting me in a trance. I nodded my head slowly, a smile growing on my lips as I felt her fingers find their way to my side, gently grazing up and down with her finger tips.

I pressed my hands down into the cot, slowly shifting my body to the side, leaving enough for her to sit beside me. She picked up on it without words, and I felt her take a seat beside me, her hands never leaving my exposed skin. I turned my head toward her, finally opening my eyes to her hooded, green ones that pulled me in closer. I leaned forward, and her gaze dropped to my lips, with her hands creeping up the sides of my body until they reached my neck, and her thumbs grazing my jaw. I dropped my own eyes to her lips, finding her bottom tucked in between her teeth, causing me to lift my fingers to her chin, pulling down gently until her lips parted, before leaning all the way and locking mine onto hers.

The kiss was soft and sweet, a gentle show of affection that we both really needed after the last couple days. Her hands slipped to the back of my head, pulling me in deeper, and I wrapped a hand around her waist, wanting to break the gap between us, but she resisted slightly, making sure I didn't move myself too fast. She carefully pulled our lips apart, resting her forehead on mine as she fluttered her eyes back open.

"Take your time, hun.. I'm not going anywhere," she whispered, and I shuddered, her soft nature filling me deeper with desire.

"You know," I tilted my head against hers, looking between her eyes, then down to her lips. "We could just leave-"

"Ah," She stopped me, pressing her finger to my lips. "When you're better.." She smiled, standing up from the bed, and I let out a heavy sigh.

She got me all worked up, only to tease me.

There was a brief knock on the door, and we both turned to the nurse, who's head popped through the cracked door.

"Hey, Y/n.. so the police are here to talk about what happened, would it be ok if I sent them in?"

I felt my heart sink, knowing I was going to have to relive the experience over again, but I just bit my lip and nodded my head, letting my gaze drop to the floor. I didn't want to think about his hands that had bruised and scarred me my whole life. I didn't want to think about the blink of humanity that I saw in his eyes, just before he pulled the trigger and his body hit the floor. I didn't want to remember the look of fear in the eyes of the woman I loved, that watched and pleaded for him to stop.