6

"Y/n?"

I stayed where I was, being unable to stand up. My body was broken, exhausted.

Confused green eyes peered over the white SUV and walked around the parked car and towards me. The wind blew the small wisps of hair peeking out of her ponytail. She wore casual clothing, which was very different from her usual dress pants and nice blouse. But somehow her makeup-less face and laid back appearance made her that much more beautiful.

 "What are you doing out here so late?" she said walking toward me, but paused a few feet away from me, eyes widening as she looked at me. She gasped.

"Y/n.. what happened to you?" Ms. Debnam-Carey questioned, her face horrified by what she saw. She cupped a hand over her mouth. Her eyes were the softest I've ever seen them as they looked me up and down. 

"I'm fine," I mumbled, tiredly resting my head on the fence behind me. "Just leave me here." 

She walked closer to me and bent over, tucking her baby hairs behind her ears. She shook her head. "No, y/n. You're hurt.. Who did this to you?" Her voicing was pleading, I had never seen her so worried. I shrugged, letting my eyes close. I heard movement until I felt a cold hand touch my cheek, then move to tuck itself under my chin, gently lifting my head. My eyes opened to be met with green ones. She wore worried expression on her face as she looked up and down my face, turning my head to the side to inspect it. I watched as she lifted her other hand toward my left eye, gently rubbing her thumb underneath it. I winced at the contact, causing her to shift her focus back to my eyes. 

"Can you stand?" she asked in a gentle, low voice. I took in a shaky breath and placed my hands on the ground beside me, attempting to push myself. My eyes squeezed together and my jaw clenched, wincing from the pain. I barely moved.

"Okay, okay... it's okay" she whispered, placing her hands on my shoulders to keep me down. I leaned my head back on the fence again and wrapped an arm over my stomach. When I finally peaked my eyes back open, I watched her pull her phone out of her pocket and begin to dial.

"No! You can't" I said as I quickly reached to push her phone away, but the sudden movement caused a surge of pain through my stomach. I groaned, leaning back again. "Y/n, your bleeding and bruised from head to toe. You need to be seen by a doctor," she pleaded cupping both her hands on my cheeks. "Y/n, look at me, hun," she spoke softly. I slowly opened my eyes, feeling my eyelids becoming heavier by the minute.

"Baby, who did this to you?" her green eyes moved quickly between mine, searching for an answer. I shook my head against her hands and placed my hands on the ground, pushing myself upward. Her hands fell from my face and moved to around my body, just underneath my arms, helping me successfully stand up this time."I'm fine," I mumbled, as she helped me lean onto the fence. She shook her head at me.

 We stared at each other for a moment, her eyes pulling me closer like a magnet. I could feel the heat radiating off of her body that now stood so close to mine. I knew in the back of my head that it was mistake to come here. If they found out about this, I'd be screwed. But I couldn't help but melt by the touch of her hands and the glowing of her green eyes. I looked down to her lips, slightly parted, letting out shaky breaths as we stood inches from each other. I moved my eyes back up to hers, catching her glance at my lips as well. My heart begged to stay with the woman, to wrap myself up in the comfort of her presence. I know I shouldn't be here, but this was the only place I wanted to be.

"Y/n," she whispered. I shifted my focus back to the woman in front of me, sadness written all over her face. "I'm worried about you." I gave her a small, tired smile trying to reassure her, but the worry refused to leave her face. She shook her head. "Please don't lie to me... are you safe?"