Chapter 16 : "Marie"

- Why worry

 01:43 ━━━━●───── 03:50

"Lyndsey?" I call. "Where is everyone?"

She turns to look at me. 

"Well, Mom and Dad are out with some friends while James has a date with Lucie."

"I thought he canceled it."

"Why would he?"

I look at her. If I say "because of you"  how will she react? Is it wrong to tell the truth? In movies, sometimes it's good and sometimes it ends badly.  I don't hold any particular relationship with her ... but James does. I guess a lie is better for this situation.

"I don't know: I might have misheard."

"Alright," she responds not convinced. "So it's just the two of us tonight. Do you ... want to do something together?"

"Don't feel forced to bring me with you if you have a plan."

"I don't. I want to do something with you. Whatever you want."

Oh. The thing is ... I don't want to do something. I mean doing something, besides staying in bed until the next morning or swimming. Lyndsey saw that I was lost in my thoughts so she continued.

"James told me you liked the pool but it's closed. Is there something else you like? Anything." 

The swimming pool isn't the problem, but I don't think she will be okay with breaking into the building. What else do I like? I must find something so James won't force me to do it later with everyone. 

"I like the park..."

Why did I say that? I went to the park only one time, with Liam: I'm not sure I like this place. 

"Oh, cool. I know a good restaurant near it. Let's eat and then walk and discuss in the park." 

I nod. It's not really my definition of the perfect night but I guess I can't refuse now. We get dressed. Obviously, because I take her clothes, we match. It makes her laugh. I like it, it's as soft as cotton. 

"We look like sisters, Marie!"

I give her a smile as we get in the car. She puts on some music. The opposite types of music of James. It's mostly rock. It's screaming in the car and ... I like it. Lyndsey sings when she knows the lyrics. She's as loud as a class of students on a Friday afternoon. It's terrifying. She drives to the park, and we arrive in five minutes. Last time, it took me thirty minutes to get there. Okay, I got lost on the way. She parked next to a blue car and we got out of the car. I don't see any restaurants. Only a fast good....?

"I'm sorry, there's no restaurant. I remembered on the way but I thought we still could take something to eat in the park. If you want ... we can go somewhere else or home."

" I'm fine with whatever you'd propose, Lyndsey. "

A smile illuminates her face and we walk to the fast food. We ordered two burgers and two drinks. Lyndsey took the bag and we walked to the park. After some time we sit on the grass even though there are benches around. She gives me my food and we eat. The stars are present in the sky but we can't see them as clearly as we see at Silver's secret place. I wish I could go back there but I don't want to ask him: it would be weird.