chapter 72

they say some things happen for a reason, but daiyu strongly disagreed.

she didn't know why anyone would have to live through something traumatic, or be put in a bad position just because it was supposed to make you 'stronger'.

she didn't think that having to fight criminals at the young age of 17 was something that would be of any benefit to her.

the only thing she had gotten out of it was knowing that she for sure would never want to join the zorion.

but back to the present.

daiyu had woken up about five minutes ago.

it took her a while to realise that she was sitting in the infirmary's waiting room.

her neck was hurting like hell — probably because of the uncomfortble sleeping position.

daiyu had no idea what time it was. it was way too dark for her to be able to find the clock she knew was hanging somewhere near the door.

but since the lights were out and it was still dark outside, she assumed that it was pretty early in the morining.

beside her, she could hear soft snores. there were more people in the room.

'is that chenle?'

she squinted her eyes, trying to recognise the person beside her.

'no, that's just eunji.'

"hmmm... daiyu? is that you?" the nurse's voice was raspy as she spoke.

daiyu's eyes widened. she hadn't intended to wake her up.

"oh my god! i'm so sorry. keep sleeping, i'll be quiet." she whisper-yelled but the woman shook her head.

"don't worry about it, i should check up on chenle now anyways."

"is he in the treatment room? he's alright though, isn't he? actually— how did we even get here?" daiyu ranted, trying to recollect her memory from (what she assumed to be) the previous evening.

the nurse chuckled, sleepyness still very audible. "everything is alright, but we'll explain it all to you both in the morning. try to get some sleep now."

__________________________________

the next time daiyu woke up, she was alone in the waiting room.

the sun was shining through the curtains, illuminating the room.

'07.34' daiyu read on the clock. 'lord, at what hour did i wake up before then?'

she stretched her arms and let out a hearty yawn.

it was only now that she noticed the band-aids on her arms. eunji must've treated her when she was unconcious.

other than that, she didn't seem to have any injuries, aside from a few scratches on her knees.

'they took chenle to the treatment room, his condition is probably a lot worse than this.'

daiyu frowned a little, feeling guilty. sure, he was the one who didn't want to let her go alone, but it all could've been avoided if she didn't insist on going in the first place.

the door to the treatment room suddenly opened, and out stepped the very boy she was thinking about.

he was wearing one of the ugly green hospital gowns, whereas she had been left to sleep in her own clothes.

'how the fuck did he change? or was he never unconcious?'

if she remembered correctly, chenle had been very much awake by the time she passed out.