Chapter forty-three

Alex’s POV

I talked with my landlord, and he had no issues with me moving out, he was really understanding and sweet about it.

Athena would help me move during the weekend. We decided that I would put my stuff in the spare room.

I also talked to Emma and Anna and explained the situation on them. I would be working only on Friday and Saturday, because these were the busiest days.

The rest of the week passed by fast and during on Saturday, Athena helped me move.

I spent the next week trying to get used to the fact that I was now living with Athena. For once, I felt relieved that I didn’t have to worry about having enough for the rent and bills. I had some money saved up, and I was still making more than enough to cover my expenses.

On Tuesday, during lunch break, Mrs. Miller called me to her office.

“Hello Mrs.” I smiled.

“Alex!” She smiled back. “Please take a seat.” I sat at the chair in front of her desk.

“Is everything okay?”

“Yes, first of all, I wanted to give you your report card. You should have taken it almost a month ago.”

“Oh, thanks, I guess it slipped my mind. My parents used to be the ones to do that.” She nodded understandingly and handed it to me. I looked at it and smiled.

“You are doing great at all your classes. Congratulations.”

“Thanks.” I smiled. “Is that all?”

“Uh… no…uh… I wanted to ask you…”

“Yes?”

“Are you planning on moving back in to your parents’ house?”

“No?” I asked as if it was obvious.

“Oh, because my friend told me that you left the house and … uh … I was worried that you might be going back.”

“No, nothing like that.” I smiled a little. “I’m just uh… moving in with a… friend.”

“Oh okay.” She smiled and let it go. “Have you sent out a college application?”

“Yep, a while ago, actually.”

“That’s great, with your grades, I’m sure you’ll be accepted.”

“Thank you, Mrs. Miller.” I smiled.

“You are free to go.”

I nodded and left. I went to Athena’s class for the rest of the lunch break. I knocked on the door, and she opened it to let me in.

“Alex, is everything okay?” She asked with a smirk.

“Mrs. Miller just asked me why I moved, and I told her I was staying with a friend.”

“Oh, okay.” She shrugged, and her eyes traveled onto my body.

“Stop checking me out and focus. What if she suspects us? She knows I’ve stayed with you before.”

“I don’t think she will.” She shrugged.

For the rest of the week, I was completely stressed out about Mrs. Miller. We were playing with fire.

Another week passed, and Athena and I were just starting to get used to living together. At first, we struggled dividing the household chores, but after a while, it became easier.

Charlie finally got the courage to ask out Jane. They’ve been talking since homecoming, but neither of them had the guts to ask the other person out. Their first date went well. She and Jane had a lot in common, and it looks like there was chemistry between them.