Chapter forty

I woke up to Athena pecking my lips.

"What time is it babe?"

"It's four fifty, baby."

I stretched and got out of bed.

"Anna and Emma invited to eat with them."

"Today?"

"Yes, she called me half an hour ago to ask me if we have eaten. Do you want us to go?"

"Sure" I shrugged. I styled my hair and gave Athena some clothes. I wore a pink shirt and light blue jeans with my white converse, while Athena wore a pair of black cargo pants and a white t-shirt I gave her. After leaving my parents' house, I had gotten a size up in clothes, but I haven't gone shopping yet.

With the money my parents were sending me and my salary, I was making around 2200 a month. The rent and utilities went up to 400 and the supermarket another 300 so I still had some money left. I put half of what was left aside and kept the other half to spend. Mrs. Peterson was amazing for offering me that job and with such pay.

We got in her car, and she drove to their house.

When we got there, she rang the doorbell and we waited for them to open. Emma opened the door and as soon as we walked in, a cute dog run up to us.

"Oh my god heyyy." I squealed and kneeled to pet it.

They greeted each other and Athena also petted the dog a little.

"Come on baby." She said pulling my arm. I got up and followed them.

"Hey Alex, Athena."

"Hello Anna" I smiled.

"Hey." Athena said. We sat at the living room as Anna was setting the table.

"So Alex, what do you think of the job?" Emma asked.

"I like it."

"Does the schedule work for you?"

"Yep, it's fine." Anna called us to the table.

"So, how are the things between you two going?" Anna asked as we sat down to eat.

"I think it's going well." Athena said and turned to look at me. I nodded in agreement.

"That's good, how is the hiding thing going?"

"Well, I think it's going well, at least I hope so." Athena said again. "I don't think anyone suspects anything, especially since no-one knows that I'm gay."

"That's true, being in the closet makes this easier I guess." Emma added. "So, Alex, why don't you tell us more about you. I mean I know a few things, but you are dating my friend after all." She smiled.

"Uh... what do you want to know?"

"I don't know, normal things, what are your hobbies?"

"I like reading books and listening to music." I shrugged.

"What do you identify as?"

"Bi, I guess. What about you?" I asked looking at them.

"Both lesbians." Anna said smiling.

I smiled and turned to look at Athena. I moved my hand under the table and placed it on her thigh.

"I guess I'm a lesbian too." She shrugged.

"So, you decided to use a label?"

"Yes, I did, after my relationship with my ex I realized that I can't see myself with a man. But I still don't want it to get out." We nodded.