Chapter twenty-six

Athena’s POV

I decided to tell Alex that I’m not straight. I can’t keep lying to her and hiding, plus there’s this weird tension between us. When she saw the scars on my wrists, I was terrified of what her reaction would be, but she was sweet and supportive.

Oliver hasn’t been answering my texts for the past few days, so on Saturday I decided to go from his house to see if he’s alright.

I left Alex sleeping in the living room and drove to his house. I knocked on his door and waited for him to answer.

“Oh, Athena.” He seemed startled. He was shirtless.

“Hey, you didn’t reply to any of my texts and I wanted to see if you are okay.”

“Yeah, sure, babe, I’m fine, my phone is just acting out.” He leaned and kissed me. I moved my hand on the back of his neck and deepened the kiss. “I’m sorry for worrying you.” He smiled at me and caressed my cheek.

My eyes traveled on his body, I couldn’t deny that he was good-looking.

He pulled me closer and squeezed my butt while kissing my neck. As I was looking over his shoulder, I saw a woman figure walking in the hallway. I pushed him off me.

“You are not alone.”

“Of course I am alone baby, what are you talking about.”

“I just saw a girl in the hallway.”

“Don’t be silly, you are my girl. The only one I want.” He said and tried to kiss me, but I pushed him off me.

“Babe? Who’s at the door? Are you coming?” A female yelled from inside.

“It’s not what it looks like. I can explain.” He said, and I felt tears threatening to spill. “Let me explain before you go apeshit.” The girl approached him from behind and hugged him. She was completely naked.

“Who is she?” She asked.

“She’s a colleague love, go back in the bedroom, I’ll be there in a few minutes.”

I stared at him in disbelief, I wasn’t sure whether I wanted to cry or hit him.

“You are a piece of shit.” I yelled.

“What am I supposed to do, Athena? You were sick, and I needed to blow off some steam.”

“Do you even hear yourself?”

“Yes, I’m sorry, but Andrea is hotter than you. She has a rocking body, she’s fun and she constantly wants to have sex. She’s just better than you.”

“I’m surprised someone like her would go out with an ape like you.” I gave him the middle finger and left. I got in my car and broke down crying, I can’t believe I trusted him. I feel so used.

I managed to drive home. I got in and quickly walked to my room.

“Athena, what happened?” Alex said. I didn’t answer, I just sobbed into my pillow. She caressed my arm and sat on the bed. “It’s okay if you don’t want to talk about it, but if you do, I’m here for you.” She said softly. I turned to look at her.

“He cheated on me.” I choked out. She climbed onto the bed and pulled my head to her chest. She was caressing my head as I sobbed.

He used my insecurities against me. He used me.

For next week, I threw myself at work and didn’t leave my room. Alex kept pressuring me to at least get out eat, and if I didn’t she would sit in the room with me until I did. I didn’t have an appetite. I didn’t want to do anything. She was by my side the entire time.