Chapter thirty-three

I must have fallen asleep on the chair because I woke up to sunlight peeking through Athena’s windows, I quickly got up and rushed to see if she was alright, she was still sleeping and she seemed to be fine, although I’m sure than when she wakes up she’s going to have a hangover. I left her sleeping in her room and went to the kitchen, I made coffee for me and sat at the couch to watch tv.

A few hours passed, and it was now 12.40, I went to the bedroom to see if she was okay, she was still sleeping, and I was starting to get worried. I decided to wake her up.

“Athena” I shook her lightly, and she hummed “Athena, wake up” I shook her a little more, and she opened her eyes.

“Alex?” she seemed confused.

“Yes” she sat up on the bed and looked at me confused. “You don’t remember anything?” I laughed a little.

“Uhm no, not really” She seemed tense, she then looked down and saw she was wearing her pj’s. “What happened last night?” She asked, shocked.

“Nothing, you were drunk, and I brought you home from the club” I shrugged.

“Is that all?”

“Yep, how are you feeling today?”

“Like shit” She groaned, causing me to laugh. She squinted her eyes at me. “Stop laughing, it’s not funny” She whined.

“Okay I’m sorry, what’s wrong?” I smiled softly.

“My head and my stomach are hurting, and I’m dizzy.”

“Let’s go to the living room” I said and gave her my hand for support, she took it and I pulled her from the bed, her hand was as soft as the last time, I put my hand on her back and we started walking, I saw her wincing as if she was in pain.

“What’s wrong?”

“Why do my knees hurt so much” She cried out, and I started laughing, remembering last night’s events. “What embarrassing thing have I done again?” She said with a half-smile.

“Well, I was holding you for support last night when you screamed at me that you can walk on your own, so I let you, and after a few steps you were on the floor” She didn’t say a word and went and sat at the couch, she closed her eyes and dropped her head back, I went to the kitchen and got her a bottle of water and two sliced of toasted bread with a painkiller.

“Here” I said, handing her the water and the food.

“Thank you, but I don’t feel like drinking or eating anything, I feel nauseated just by the thought of it.”

“At least drink water, you need to stay hydrated” She shook her head no.

“I don’t want to” she pouted.

“Stop acting like a baby, you threw up so much yesterday you definitely need to start drinking water and maybe eat something today otherwise you are going to end up to the ER” She looked at me and then took the water bottle and drank almost half of it.

I sat next to her on the couch, and we watched tv. At some point, she fell asleep and ended up sleeping on my shoulder.

I looked at her and she seemed like the most beautiful person on earth, I felt my heart flatter in my chest and all I wanted to do was to cry for not being able to be with her. I felt so many things for her it was overwhelming. She is always on my mind, and I think I might be in love with her.

I shouldn’t be feeling this way, she’s my teacher, and she has already rejected me. She obviously doesn’t feel the same way.

I turned to the TV again and tried to focus on it, but my thoughts were too distracting. Ever since we drifted apart, I felt so lonely, like I had no one to talk to. I couldn’t stop thinking about her, wondering how she’s doing, if she’s okay, if she’s eating enough, all I wanted to do was to go and hug her and talk to her, but I couldn’t, I had to force myself to move on from her.