MY COSTAR ENTERTAINS ANNOYING GUESTS

Heimao stares at Yao Shen, his wide, crimson eyes unblinking, and finally lets out a soulful, "Meow," before jumping up onto the counter and rubbing himself alongside Yao Shen's arm, purring loudly.

Xin Hulei picks him up unceremoniously, and lifts him up in front of his face.

"Have you cultivated to a human form?" he asks, looking into the cat's red eyes.

Heimao gazes lazily back, and then opens his fanged mouth in a large yawn.

Xin Hulei lets go of him and he jumps gracefully to the floor, his tail swinging high in the air.

"He's fine, he isn't even speaking yet unlike Jincan, of course he wouldn't have cultivated a human form," Xin Hulei says, picking at his noodles again.

"And you arrived at that conclusion because he didn't tell you so himself?" Yao Shen asks, dumbfounded.

Xin Hulei hums around a mouthful.

Yao Shen gives him an incredulous look. "You know, if he's hiding that he has cultivated to a human form, he wouldn't just admit it..."

"Why is that? What incentive would he have to hide his true nature from me?" Xin Hulei's tone is level but his words hit a little too close to home.

Yao Shen averts his eyes, staring into his half-eaten pad woon sen.

They finish their meal in silence and Yao Shen loads up the dishwasher afterwards.

Xin Hulei comes up from behind him and wraps his arms around his waist from once he's done. "Did you come over just to interrogate my cat, or did you have other things in mind?"

"No, I came just for the cat, I'm done now." He makes as if he's going to escape Xin Hulei's arms, but lets himself be reeled back in with a smirk.

Xin Hulei buries his nose into the back of his hair. "Little menace," he says, the words coming up slightly muffled.

A swift heat climbs up Yao Shen's neck when Xin Hulei calls him that in his deep, smooth voice. "You're the menace, look how many problems you've caused me."

He feels the imprint of Xin Hulei's smirk on the back of his neck. "How can I properly apologize for inconveniencing Yao laoshi?"

Yao Shen has a laundry list of ideas actually. He has been spending time online looking up stuff he'd like to try out.

People can be very creative, not to mention flexible. Since he has already been abstinent for this long, Yao Shen figures he has a lot of ground to cover.

Of course, he's too flustered to mention the things he looked up.

He might be curious, but this is still uncharted territory for him.

So he turns around in Xin Hulei's embrace and lifts himself up on his tiptoes to whisper into his ear, "I'll send you an excel spreadsheet with all the ways you can make it up to me later."

Xin Hulei goes still, his fingers going slack on the small of Yao Shen's back.

"An excel spreadsheet?"

Yao Shen can't tell from his monotone tone whether he's being judgmental about it or not, but all the same Yao Shen grows immediately defensive.

"What about it?" he says, stepping away from Xin Hulei and giving him a defiant look.

"Nothing, I'm just surprised there's enough to warrant a spreadsheet," his gaze grows more intense, his dark eyes like flint spreading sparks. "I'll have to work hard."

The look in Xin Hulei's eyes makes Yao Shen's mouth go dry, it sticks when he next speaks, "Want to get started right now? I remember some of the things I wrote down."