Thirty four ‎✧ ೃ༄

"I love 'im so much, fanks Li." Zayn mumbled, sucking on his thumb. Chase was tight in his hand and he had a dazey smile. "You look sleepy Zayn." Liam chuckled and set down the tracks beside his bed, joining Zayn on it. He tapped next to him and Zayn sat up, resting his head onto Liam's shoulder, "I am. Long day."

"It has been... I take it you're feeling much better than this morning though? You look brighter. No more rain cloud floating above your head." He teased and Zayn looked at him with a confused face, his eyebrows were furrowed - he had no cloud above his head, what was Liam talking about? "I no understand?"

The man laughed, rubbing Zayn's side, "A rain cloud is an idiom for like, being upset or anxious. You were all upset and uncomfy this morning over your icky tummy."

"Oh! Now there t'sunshine!" He giggled, eyes crinkling at the side and his smile almost covering his whole entire face. Liam smiled equally as bright back, "Absolutely. We should probably get some food in our tummies and then you to bed. Sandwiches?"

"Chef LiLi!" He cheered. "Ye' please."

"Awesome manners, little dude." He grinned, getting up. He wiped his hands on his trousers, sitting them on his hip momentarily, before heading into the kitchen and getting down some pot plates from the cabinet, "What would you like in your sandwich?"

"Me would like cheese." He hummed, on his knees beside the wooden train track box, trying to figure out how to actually get inside of it. Liam looked over, chuckling once more, "Alright. I'll help you open that later, love. I don't want you to hurt your fingers or anything as you do it... We have other days to play with it as well. Almost bedtime, yeah?"

Zayn huffed but understood, he nodded and went back to playing with Chase. He made the little figurine walk around the entire room before yawning and sitting by the island in the kitchen, "Daddy almos' done?"

Liam put a slice of bread down onto Zayn's plate and buttered it, slicing some cheese and placing it on top. He wasn't sure if Zayn wanted anything else adding to the sandwich other than just the butter and cheese so he buttered the other side and situated on top. "Yep. All done for you." The man cut it into four different small slices and sat the plate in front of him before making himself a simple ham and cheese sandwich, slicing it into two pieces and eating it beside Zayn.

The little spent the first half of his dinner, sucking on the bread before deciding to actually eat it. Liam didn't mind though because he still ate it and that's all that was important, making sure the boy had the nutrients in him that he needed so Liam was very grateful when he was met with an empty plate a couple of minutes later. "Puddin'?"

"Uhhh, I'll have a look to see what we have for pudding. Don't want you having anything much with sugar in though." He smiled and Zayn pouted, crossing his arms. He really hoped he could have a chocolate cupcake or something!

"Choc'it?" He questioned and Liam shook his head, the little boy was adorable, so saying no was hard but he knew for a fact that Zayn would be bouncing back and fourth off the walls if he had any ounce of sugar in him. "Is a banana okay, Z?"

"Guess so." He frowned, giving Liam puppy eyes in an attempt to get what he wanted however, It unfortunately didn't work. Liam peeled the soft, yellow banana and handed it over to Zayn who took it anyway and nibbled down on it as Liam began to clean up the crumb filled plates. "Bananas are yummy. They're healthy too."

"Yea.. but choc-" Zayn started before he was interrupted by a knock heard at the door, Liam turned his head to it and raised his eyebrow before looking at Zayn who had instantly started to panic. Liam rubbed his side, "You stay here. I'll check who it is." He whispered, going over to it. He knew Zayn was probably terrified over the fact someone was outside of their door while he was in such a vulnerable space so he did his best at keeping the boy's privacy. The man opened the door slightly and peeked out, his own eyes locking with the man stood before him. "Hey."

"Hi." The smaller man replied, clearing his throat. He ran a hand through his brunette hair and looked up towards Liam who was visibly higher, "Is Zayn there?"

"Yeah. Why?" Liam asked, the man glared at him. It felt as though daggers were being sent through Liam's chest. "It's Louis. I was coming to check on him because he texted me last night and said he was going out... With you. And I don't trust you. Or like you."

"Oh.. Louis... Think I recognise you now. And Zayn's fine.. He's just eating dinner and then he's off to bed, so. You should probably go." He muttered, taking a peek back at Zayn who was now crouched down by the kitchen island, looking cautiously towards the half open wooden door. His cuddly puppy teddy had found his way into the little's arms and was being held tightly.

"Right." The man rolled his eyes at him and tried to peek in. "Is there a girl in there? I know of the shit you do." Liam sighed, "No. No girl. Look, I don't like the fact you're trying to breach my privacy by entering the room."

Louis scoffed, "It's Zayn's room too, is he even in there? I'm calling him." He pulled out his phone, Liam gently put his hand on top of the phone so that Louis couldn't use it. It wasn't that he was trying to act a dick, he was just trying to protect Zayn - Yes, of course Louis was Zayn's best friend but Liam didn't want to share the news of Zayn being small when he's heard from the little himself that he isn't comfortably able to slip around Louis for whatever reason. He also didn't want to share that sort of information in case Zayn didn't want it sharing.

"Yeah, he's in... Louis, please. Just trust me. I told you, he's going to bed... Let me go talk to him?" Liam asked, removing his hand from Louis' phone. "Fine."

"Great." Liam gently shut the door and went and crouched by Zayn who was sniffling, "Who s' it?"

"It's only Louis, sweetheart. He wants to come see you but I don't know if you want him to come in while you're small." He said softly, caressing his cheek to hush him, though at the sound of Louis' name he was instantly calm. "Lou."

"Yep. Want him to come see you?" He asked and Zayn thought about it, hesitantly nodding. He wasn't sure if he wanted Louis to see him like this but he knew that if Louis did, he would know that Liam has changed - and he wants Louis to like Liam. He doesn't want to spend the rest of his life not seeing Louis with Liam by his side because of the conflict he feels towards the man.  After all, Liam's his caregiver now and it is his fault that Louis detests the lad so much. If he came out of the space at the sight of Louis, then he comes out and it's completely fine. His friend deserves to know how happy Liam has been making him.

"And should I tell him you're little?" Liam questioned, smiling at how he had Bear wrapped between his arms. "Ye.."

"I will do then." He smiled slightly, standing up and heading back to the door, looking around. He then whispered to Louis, ensuring that no one around them was able to hear, "He's little."

"He's little... With you?" He muttered, eyes wide. Mind racing to understand why Zayn found it so hard to slip around him, yet was able to slip around Liam. Though he very quickly allowed his jealous thoughts to be overtaken with relief at the fact the boy had found someone he could regress with, he was just ungrateful that person was Liam. "God, I should have known it."

"What?"

"He was asking me how you knew if you were, like, a caregiver... Probably talking about you." he scoffed and rolled his eyes, taking a step into the dorm room with Liam. Liam looked him up and down before shutting the door and sitting on one of the kitchen stools.

"Mhmmm.. Lou." Zayn muttered, chewing on his puppy's ear. His eyes low, trying not to make eye contact with the man - he was scared that Louis was going to be angry or upset with him, not that he had any reason to be. On top of that, he could also feel himself aging up from the space at just the thought of Louis being in the room, it was really frustrating. Louis' eyes softened, watching the small boy. "Zayn, hello. You small, hm?"

Zayn nodded, resting a hand gently on Liam. Liam looked down at him and smiled, gently tapping on Zayn's lip to suggest him removing the teddy from it. Zayn did as told, the teddy slipping away from his soft, pink lips. "Thank you, Z." The little shyly dug his head against Liam's chest.

"And you've gone shy. I see." Liam laughed, looking towards Louis. "I want you to know that he's usually mischievous, not like this."

"I didn't take Zayn for a mischievous little." Louis responded, his lips tilting up into a short yet sweet smile. "Me either. But he's very cheeky."

A/N: Merry Christmas! My twin surprised me with even more Louis tickets this morning - I'll be seeing him in Sheffield, Manchester and London now! So excited!!