Twenty eight ‎✧ ೃ༄

He took a look around the room, acknowledging that Zayn had left his teddy sat on the bed. The puppy was leaning against the cold wall, head flopping downwards with the lack of structure from being loved so much. He found seeing it alone looked quite strange as Zayn recently had said that he took it with him to university, however he soon shrugged it off and chuckled quietly to himself as he came up with an idea, grabbing some scrap paper from nearby Zayn's desk. He drew a moustache and cut it out, sticking it across the fluffy, stuffy's face, just above their mouth. With a grin, he threw away the rest of the paper and tidily put away the pen, sitting on his own bed and checking the time: Zayn should be back soon and he was really hoping that the boy would join them and come out. He doesn't even have to get drunk and he's made sure Zayn knows that, it'd just be nice for them to vibe with some club music and dance about, getting to know each other even more. It's not like he was about to spring this idea on Zayn either, they had discussed it previously and made a basic plan - Zayn knew about it and he sort of seemed down for the idea. He just needed to do some final persuasion and they'd be out the door for bang on 8pm.

Which is almost what happened apart from Zayn came back, in a grumpy mood and a pile of sketchbooks in his arms. Liam sat up quickly, hearing the door being unlocked. "What's up?"

The boy groaned and sat down near the pile of books by the edge of his bed, "I sent off some work I did.. And it came back marked with a C." He sniffled, "I tried so hard on it.. And I got a C. I don't want to big up myself but I know my work is worth more than a C grade, what did I do wrong?"

Liam frowned, looking between Zayn's sketchbooks and him, "Oh... I'm sorry to hear. It's only one piece though, yeah? It won't bring your entire grade down? Your work is good, extremely good.. I was telling you just a couple of days ago about how much I love it. Grades don't define you, Z. Keep that in mind."

Wiping his tears, Zayn sat by his books and picked up his teddy, sniffling once more, "Thank you, and I hope it doesn't bring my grades down. I want to retry it, that's why I brought all my books back.. to give me inspiration to make it good.. 's he got a moustache?"

"Hmm. He must have grown one while you were gone. Thought you usually took him with you?" He asked, kicking his legs up onto his bed and crossing them as he watched the boy who stared back, picking anxiously at his nails. "So are you, like, doing that drawing tonight?"

Zayn blushed and held back a giggle as he held the teddy to his chest, "Well, I usually take him.. But m' left him for you. And yeah, I was going to... is that okay?"

"I mean... We did have that plan to go out..." He frowned, running a hand through his hair. "But I guess, if you really want to do your work. I won't- I won't stop you...."

"But..." he started again, "I'd really like you to be there."

The boy listened and sat his teddy down, peering over at his books. He could do with a night out but he did really want to bring up his grade to what he believes it deserves to be... He was stuck on what to do and looked at Liam for help, as if to see if Liam could make the decision for him - he prefers when other people make decisions for him, sometimes it can get a bit much for the small boy. Liam silently shrugged in response to his stare and Zayn sighed, "I don't know what to do."

"I don't want to like, make you do something you don't really wanna do though. I've had that happen to me and it was my biggest regret, so... You haven't really been out drinking before and I don't want it to be a bad experience for you. I'm telling you now, I'll be drunk out of my head as soon as we step through them pub doors."

He chewed at his nails once more before holding his hands together and putting a leg to his chest, "I'll... I'll come.. But I'm not staying out for too long. I'll be back for 10, at the latest." He muttered, getting out a fresh outfit to change into. He scoured through his wardrobe, running his fingers across each piece before pulling out a cropped tank top and dress-like trousers, pairing them with a metallic stud belt and safety pin earrings. "Will this do then..? I don't know.."

"Whatever you'll be comfortable in." Liam said softly, pouring himself a glass of vodka coke. He took a sip and took another look at the outfit, "Yeah, I love it. It's like.. what's the word? Alternative. Cool. It's definitely your style too."

"Thank you. I like this stuff." The boy nodded and entered the bathroom, changing into it as Liam zoned out and fell into his own world, humming away and drinking down his drink. He sent a quick text over to Niall, alerting him that Zayn was also coming and then tucked away his phone into his back pocket. It was now just after seven o' clock, almost Niall and Liam's planned meeting time. He tapped his fingers away at the table, waiting as Zayn walked out. The outfit wrapped around his body perfectly, it looked as thought it was made for him. The safety pins really added edge and anyone would think he was rock solid, shying away to not mess with him. The boy looked like a rockstar and Liam loved his confidence and the way he could rock a crop top, especially a tight fitting one - he reckoned that if he was to wear one himself, it'd fit awkwardly and look silly.. But on Zayn, it was possibly one of the most attractive things he had ever seen. It put his outfit to shame. "Wow."

"Does it look okay?" He asked, unsure. He peered down at himself and Liam nodded, "It does. You look good."

"Thank you. I don't know what I need to really bring with me." Zayn said, taking a look around the room, trying to think of if there is anything else he needs to take. "Do you?"

Liam watched him, "Just your phone, and maybe some money, or your bank card. That's all. Unless there is anything else you would like to bring, maybe any medical shit if you need that? I dunno."

"Alright. I've got money.. I'm ready then.. You won't leave me alone or anything, right?" The boy asked, beginning to feel anxious over the thought. As Liam knows, going out is new to Zayn and his worries are really beginning to settle in. "I won't. Me and Niall will be there."

"Good."

Liam held the door, "You ready to go then?"

"I'm ready to go." Zayn said as he took a deep breath, letting it out. He stepped out of the doorway and Liam followed shortly after. "It's going to be a good night, Z. I assure you."

"Okay. I know. I'm sure. I'm just feeling nervous."

"I can tell... But I've got you." The two made their way out of the building and met up with Niall who was already tipsy, unable to walk in a straight line but still slightly sober.  "Whattt upppp." Niall slurred out, wrapping his arms gently around Zayn who cautiously watched his hand. "I may or may not have had a couple of drinks already."

"I can tell." Zayn said, awkwardly laughing as if what Niall had said was funny, "I've never been out before."

"I've heard." Niall replied, rubbing his side, "But don't worry, me and Liam will be there for ya'. You don't have to drink either if you don't want to. It's all down to you." The man assured and Zayn nodded, "Okay. Thank you."

"Leeettts go-!" Liam yelled, laughing. "Let's fucking go."

"Let's go." Zayn repeated softly, taking another deep breath.