Chapter 11

☆☆  EPISODE 11 ☆☆

Life may be sad but it’s always beautiful.

” an adventure with the slay Queen’s? Are you crazy or what? You want me to work with you, a cop? That’s not happening, I won’t get involve in this suicide mission, life is too beautiful for a wild goose chase. Excuse me and don’t ever follow me again ” I yelled at her. She was shocked by my response, I guessed she was expecting something quite cinch from me but she got it the other way round.

” ay, please listen to me, am sorry if I’ve been following you around.its just that you are my only hope of catching her. Without you am doom. Look am not requesting you, Am begging you, please help me, help me to bring her to justice ” she pleaded. I looked at her for a while, thinking of the kind of response to give her.

” stay out of my way, I don’t want a complicated life, I want a normal life has everyone does. Am sorry I can’t help you ” I said then I made to leave.
” he was my brother, it was my brother that she killed!!!. She killed my brother that night. I became a cop just because of her. Ever since our father became a commissioner, our life’s has been complicated. Do you know how it feels to lose a brother? Am not going to stop until I bring justice to whoever that have hands in my brother death. Now look at me and tell me you are not helping me” she said with tears running down her face.

I admitted she caught me off guide, I felt sorry for her and I couldn’t help seeing a lady crying.

” am sorry about your brother, am really sorry about his death. Please accept my condolence. I…I am just afraid of death, am afraid if I get involve…that I might die… Well I believe what will be, will surely be… So is there anything I can do for you now” I said with utmost sincerity.

” thank you ” she said wiping away her tears.

Back at home, I sat on my bed and began to reminisce about my moment with Janet. I remembered the warnings my mother gave me but its seems am going off her warnings.
I picked up my phone and texted yemi, she replied immediately with a call after she got the message.

Yemi: hello baby boo.

Me: hi.

Yemi: I saw your message, and I can’t stop reading it over and over again. Seriously you miss me?

Me: yea, kind of.

Yemi: should I send my girls to come take you.

Me: no, I want you to come to my place.

Yemi: can’t you come to mine?

Me: you’ve never been to my place. I want you and I together alone here in my place.

Yemi: that’s romantic but am the kind of person that don’t do such a thing, the street is dangerous you know. But since you said you want me alone am coming right away.

Me: can’t wait to see you dear.

Yemi: me too, love you plenty.

She ended the call and I began to tidy up my room, I place a voice recorder somewhere around the room. Those are part of the evidence Janet wanted so bad, so I made an arrangement for it.

She arrived in less than 10 minutes, I opened the door for her but I was shocked by what I saw. Standing behind her is a spirit guard, he was armed with a machete and a red ribbon was tied on his head and arms.
” my baby boo” she said, throwing me a hug.

” I—I thought I said you should come online ” I asked with an unspoken fear.

” yea, I came alone, I drive myself here ” she said with grin.
I was at the edge of pointing to the spirit guard behind her when I realized the danger of revealing my gift to her, so I pretended as if I see nothing.
I allowed her in, but I was surprised when the spirit guard followed her in too.